Thursday, September 24, 2020

Rivals of Aether Launch Trailer, My Thoughts

Back in 2017, Dan Fornace released a fighting game called Rivals of Aether. It hit the PC in March of that year, the Xbox One in August. The game was a spiritual sequel to a fan game called Super Smash Land. In the game, each of its fighters represented a natural element. One for fire, one for air, one for metal, etc. The game would be given heavy praise for its fighting mechanics and character design, but was criticized for lack of originality. And now the game has come to the Nintendo Switch! Let's look at the launch trailer!




I love that logo.

I also like the look of the game. I'm a bit of a sucker for the pixel art style.

I want to play as the lion. Lions are awesome.

I've heard of Extreme Volleyball, but this is ridiculous!

Cosmetics, huh? I wonder if they were like the spirits in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, little items you give your fighters to provide certain boosts.

Is...is that a kangaroo riding a mech?!




Well, this game looks like it will be a lot of fun to play! I can't wait to give it a shot. I love Super Smash Bros., so this looks like a blast as well. I like the characters (especially Shovel Knight, love that game), and the graphical style. I hope this does very well, and it's another for my list.

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it off! Take care of yourselves, and each other. Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home, wash your hands often, and wear a mask! See you next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment