Monday, March 28, 2022

Ms. Marvel Trailer, My Thoughts

In Captain Marvel #13 14 (August 2013), a Pakistani-American Muslim teenager named Kamala Khan would be introduced to the world. Khan would go on to become the first Muslim character to headline her own Marvel comic book. Khan's series would be critically acclaimed, but also fan-acclaimed. She would become a rather popular character, appearing in various media outside of comics, like cartoons and video games. And now, she's coming to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

In 2018, Marvel Studios producer Kevin Feige had announced that an MCU project centered on Khan was in the works. in the 2019 D23 Conference, it was officially announced that a six-episode miniseries based on Kamala Khan was in the works. And in 2020, it was announced that Canadian actress Iman Vellani (who herself is of Pakistani heritage) portraying the titular character. Let's look at the trailer!


That's a very clever way to segue into the Marvel Studios logo. Fits Kamala's character. She's a dreamer.


"Blinding Lights" by the Weeknd is a good song. Nice to see it in an MCU thing.


Hey, it's cool to see they got her superhero fangirlism there.

You okay, Kamala? You good?

"It's not really the brown girls from Jersey who save the world." Prove 'em wrong, Kamala. Prove 'em wrong. 

I know people have complained about her power change, but I think it's not a big deal. I think Kamala's going to get the MCU version of the Quantum Bands. And I did see her stretch a bit when she did those leaps. And even show an iconic bit of imagery with her: big fists. It could indicate her powers evolve over the course of the series. 

I can't help but be reminded of the Civil War II tie-in story with the soldiers.

"I'm a superhero!" Give 'em Hell, kid.

Well, I admit this. I'm excited. Ms. Marvel is one of my favorite characters, and I was so happy when it was announced she was coming to the MCU. I think this series will do a great job capturing her character and little corner of the Marvel Universe. 

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it off! Take care of yourselves and each other! Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home, wash your hands often, wear a mask, and get vaccinated/boosted! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment