Monday, March 7, 2022

Pokémon Scarlet/Violet Reveal Trailer, My Thoughts!

Generation IX is upon us, baby! That's right! It's been announced that a new pair of games in the Pokémon franchise is on their way! Let's look at the trailer!

I've got to admit, this is a unique way to start this trailer. I've heard some people say it made them think it was announcing a sequel to the movie Detective Pikachu. It also gives the trailer a bit of a horror vibe.


I like the usage of red and purple light. It leads me to wonder why they chose these two colors for these new versions. 

That room looks like something Indiana Jones could get lost in.


Yeah, this part has a horror vibe to it. The mysterious force trapping the hapless unaware victim before going in for the kill.

Whoa...whoa, man. Wow.


Seriously. It is. I have heard these two games will be adopting the open-world mechanics from Pokémon Arceus, and I think that's great!


It's a good idea indeed! It makes the games a bit more realistic. In real life, there wouldn't really be borders between inhabited areas and the wild. I can imagine wild Pokémon wandering into towns and cities, especially if they are comfortable with humans.

I don't know why, but seeing Psyduck waddle around amuses me.

Hey, a new Pokémon! That makes sense. New gens always introduce new Pokémon. I don't get this particular vibe from this trailer, but I can imagine they'll take the approach that Black and White did. Make you play with these new Pokémon before reintroducing the old ones. I think there's almost a 1000 around now.

These open-world scenes make me smile. This is what I always imagined playing the old games. 

I think that big castle might be the headquarters of the Pokémon League. It has that final boss vibe.

I have heard that they drew inspiration from the Iberian Peninsula for the world of these games. Spain and Portugal. That's really cool. 

I imagine this is out player character's home, where the adventure starts.

And speaking of starters, say hello to (from left to right) Sprigatito, Fuecoco, and Quaxly. At first, I would get the Sprigatito, as it's a cat and I like cats. But I do want to get all three as usual. Fuecoco looks delightfully doofy, and Quaxly makes me think of Donald Duck. 

Well, count me in as excited for this game! As you all know, I am a big fan of the Pokemon series, and this looks exciting. I do have a concern, though. A lot of games have come out recently. Sword and Shield, Arceus, the remakes of Diamond and Pearl, and now these two. I hope that it doesn't affect the quality of the games badly. Not to mention oversaturation. But I still am happy these games are coming, and I cannot wait to play them. I really have to get moving on Sword...

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it off! Take care of yourselves and each other! Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home, wash your hands often, wear a mask, and get vaccinated! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment