Monday, May 30, 2022

She-Hulk Trailer, My Thoughts

The Mighty Marvel Cinematic Universe marches on! As part of its fourth phase, the MCU has had sic-episode TV miniseries focusing on various characters. They've had the purpose of giving some spotlight to characters that didn't get to appear much in the films or introduce new characters that will be appearing in the MCU in the future. So far, there have been six: WandaVision, Falcon and the Winter Soldier, the first season of Loki, What If...?, Hawkeye, and Moon Knight. And now, this seventh mini-series is going to be focused on a character that has been a beloved part of the Marvel Universe over nearly fifty years: The Sensational She-Hulk!

First appearing in The Savage She-Hulk #1 (February 1980), Jennifer Walters was once an ordinary lawyer until she was wounded by cronies of a crime boss and needed a blood transfusion. Having no one else compatible around, Bruce Banner was formed to transfuse some of his own blood into her. His gamma-mutated blood gave Jennifer the power to transform into a gamma-green powerhouse like her cousin. 

The She-Hulk has been hanging around the MU ever since then, and has even gone on to appear in cartoons and video games. But now, she's coming to the MCU, with Tatiana Maslany portraying her. Let's look at the trailer for She-Hulk: Attorney at Law!


 Ahhh, looks like it'll be a beautiful night in the city. Nothing crazy could possibly happen...

...I spoke too soon.


"We need to get She-Hulk drunk! Nothing bad could come of this!"


Ah, I see they're going to be drawing from Dan Slott's She-Hulk run. I oughta read that sometime. Heard it was really good.

Hey, Tim Roth! I love that's just sitting there like, "Hey, how you doing?" I wonder if his jailers know that he's also been fighting in that club in Macau.

She ain't wrong. 

Run, Bruce! Ruuuuuuun!


You know, considering we've seen Bruce in both his human and Hulk forms post-Endgame, I can't help but wonder if he can change forms at will now.


Fun fact: She-Hulk has served in both the Avengers and in the Fantastic Four.

Most families bond by road trips. Hulk families bond by leaping great lengths. And smashing things.

Frog-Man! I love Frog-Man! And he's got a neat Power Ranger-like costume! I dig it!

I friggin' love Frog-Man. If I ever get to write for Marvel, I am so making him an Avenger. Because Frog-Man is awesome. 

I personally would write Titania as talking like a Scott Steiner promo. "YOU KNOW THEY SAY ALL WOMEN ARE CREATED EQUAL! BUT YOU LOOK AT ME AND YOU LOOK AT SHE-HULK AND YOU SEE THAT STATEMENT IS JUST NOT TRUE!" 

"SHE-HULK WANT SNU SNU!" 

Well, I have to admit, I want to give this a watch. I've heard people complain about the CGI, but I'm not too worried about it. They're likely still working on it until the show is released. I think this will be a fun show!

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it off! Take care of yourselves and each other! Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home, wash your hands often, wear a mask, and get your vaccination and booster! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment