Friday, July 8, 2022

Rise of the TMNT: The Movie Trailer, My Thoughts

Like many franchises that have lasted decades, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has had many different takes on it. The 2018 animated series Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles had garnered quite a bit of controversy from fans due to certain changes, like making Raphael the leader (a role traditionally given to Leonardo), and their changes in their iconic weaponry. Despite that, the series was acclaimed, winning three Annie Awards, a Kid's Choice Award, and a Daytime Emmy. In 2019, it was announced that a film based on the series was in production for Netflix. Let's look at the trailer!



Don't you hate it when you commit a crime, and this quartet of ninjas messes it up for you?

I think the magic stuff this version of the TMNT can do is really cool. I hope more incarnations use it.

Eastlaird University. Heh. I get it. I see what they did there.

I love this April.

...yeah, what're you bunch laughing about? Considering that you guys are mutant ninja turtles, who have an anthropomorphic rat for a sensei/father, fought mutated creatures and monsters, and can do cool ninja magic tricks. And a man coming here from the future to warn you of a coming disaster is too ridiculous?! In their position, my mind would be quite a lot more open to Casey's story. 


Yeah, this series has a version of Casey that's a female foot recruit. This is clearly that Casey's descendant. I also noticed his mask has the same red markings Leonardo has on his face. I think that's a nice subtle way to hint that Future Casey sees Leonardo's elder self as a mentor/father figure.

Ah, I see Casey here is in the John Connor role. Only instead of Terminators, he's trying to prevent an alien invasion.


Future Michelangelo is nothing to mess with.


Yeah, the Krang!


WHAT DID I JUST SAY ABOUT YOU SHOULD BE MORE OPEN-MINDED, MIKEY?!


...hope you got a plan B, Casey.

Oh man, that's some real body-horror stuff right there!


Nope, no easy way out this time, Turtles!

Those action shots are sweet.

Heh heh, that was funny. And that would make a sweet poster. 

Yeah, he totally did. 

I admit, this looks quite fun. I've been watching Rise of the TMNT on Netflix, and I've been enjoying it, so I can't wait to see this movie! It looks like it will be a ton of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment