Thursday, June 15, 2023

Elemental Trailer, My Thoughts

The love story is a well-trod bit of fiction. They can be tragic, they can be hilarious. They can fit in a wide variety of genres, from fantasy to science fiction. And they're still told because...people still do fall in love. And one subtrope of the love story is the two people from "different worlds" falling in love. It can apply to different classes, different races...or in the case of Pixar's latest film, a man of water, and a woman of fire. Let's look at the trailer for Pixar's 27th film (27?! Good God!): Elemental!


Welcome to Element City, home of the hot football team making their way to the Super Bowl, the  Elemental Classicals! 

Yeah, I know. Gimme a break. I'm not a comedian.

Air having their head in the clouds. And people say I'm a bad comedian.

I would make a "blown away" joke, but I don't think it would work here.

With the Earth folks, you'll never have any problem finding food. I actually want to try one of those apples. Mmm, apples...

Those fire folks really know how to party. No bigger party animals in the Pixar Universe.

"We just want you to finish graduating business school first, Ember. You need to have some idea what you're doing when it comes to running a business."

WATER SLIDE!

There is a reason why elements don't mix. To paraphrase Thorton Melon, "I was an earth sign, she was a water sign. Together we made mud!" 

"You know, this water kid's alright!"

I admit, that part with Ember's old man and Wade was pretty funny.

This looks like a fun movie! I do enjoy Pixar's movies, and this looks like it will be another winner. Sure, the story may seem a bit cliche, but I have no issue with that. As long as it's told well. And this looks like it will be one of those. Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it off! Take care of yourselves, and each other! Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home, wash your hands often, wear a mask, and get your vaccine/booster! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment