Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Blue Beetle Final Trailer, My Thoughts

 Let's look at the trailer!


I like that Jaime is wearing a blue tracksuit. Very Power Rangers.

(nice)

Jaime: "I believe I can fly! I believe I can touch the sky!"
Scarab: "WHO IS DOING THE FLYING HERE?!"

Okay, this makes me wonder. She said she had no idea the Scarab would activate. But in the last trailer, we saw Dan Garrett and Ted Kord's costume, implying they were Blue Beetles in the past. Ted not being able to use the scarab makes sense. He never could get it to work for him...but Dan could. Did Ted not know this?!

(huh)

Scarab: "You had a pretty face and seemed just smart enough to do as you're told."
Jaime: "...thanks. 😒"
Scarab: "You're welcome! 😊"

Flying scenes look cool!

(thumbs up)

Military tech? So, this version of the Scarab is not connected to the Reach? But then again, the comics have gone back and forth on whether the Scarab is technological or magical. 

Carapax looks cool as ice.

(nice)

THE BUG! 

(woo-hoo) 

Seeing this makes me sad that Ted Kord has basically been reduced to "guy who dies so Jaime can take the mantle." I'd love to have seen him mentor Jaime.

Never mess with an armed grandma. 

No comments:

Post a Comment