Sunday, August 27, 2023

Double Dragon Gaiden: Rise of the Dragons Launch Trailer, My Thoughts

Since the 1980s, the Double Dragon franchise has been beloved by fans of beat-em-ups. This is the series that ignited the Golden Age of beat-em-ups. And now, Arc System Works has a new game in the franchise that is...a little different. Let's look at the trailer!


I'm actually surprised the Double Dragon series has not tried a roguelike beat-'em-up like this before. I would like them to try doing a fighting game again. They did in the past with Double Dragon V: The Shadow Falls for the SNES, Genesis, and Atari Jaguar. That game got mixed reviews. I think Arc System Works (the current owners of the IP) could do a good fighting game.

I like the graphics of this game. It's appropriate that a game in a franchise that ushered in a "Golden Age" of beat-em-ups that it have a 16-bit style. I love that style. I can never get tired of it.

This Marian likes her guns. I would not be surprised if she's this game's Tackleberry. 

Hey, Linda Lash is playable! And her appearance is a nod to her NES look! Nice nod there.

Hot Dog KO! Mmm...hot dog...

I like all the different characters. I can imagine that naturally, they would all play differently. Find the one that works for you!

Wait, is that Anubis? Things got so bad in Metro City that of the Helioptians had to intercede?!

A. BO. BO.

I like the idea of earning money by fighting. And using said money to unlock upgrades and stuff. It's a great motivation to keep playing the game.

And the rendition of the iconic theme is A+!

Well, consider this game another addition to my Switch library. This game looks like it will be a ton of fun. I enjoyed Double Dragon Neon, so I think I'll enjoy this game, too. Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it off! Take care of yourselves, and each other! Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home, wash your hands often, wear a mask, and get your vaccine/booster! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment