Thursday, January 18, 2024

Indiana Jones and the Great Circle Gameplay Trailer, My Thoughts

Indiana Jones is back! Well, in video game form. The adventurer archaeologist has had quite a few adventures in pixel/polygon form. In fact, the very first Indiana Jones video game was based on Raiders of the Lost Ark, released for the Atari 2600 all the way back in 1982. Ol' Indy's adventures would come to many consoles, computers, and even the arcade over the years. Not all the games were based on the films. Quite a few of them had Indy on all-new adventures. The first such game was Indiana Jones in the Lost Kingdom, developed by Mindscape for the Commodore 64 in 1985. 

The latest upcoming Indiana Jones game is one of the "original adventure" games. Set in 1937 between the events of Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Last Crusade, it tells the tale of Indiana Jones trying to prevent the Axis Powers from obtaining an artifact known as "The Great Circle". This game is a collaboration of LucasFilm Games and MachineGames, and will be published by Bethseda for Windows and the Xbox Series X/S. Let's look at the trailer! 


Nazis. I hate these guys. 

Hey, Nazis! You do know that all Indy has to do is bless the rains...oh, that won't be for another 50 years.

Heh heh, hope that never heals.

This sounds like a film trailer. 

"Let's see what happens when I put this here old gear in this old machinery." 

He's not going to run away, Marcus. See? He clearly is swinging away with his whip. That's not running!

"Eat mah hammer!" 

Heh heh, Wilhelm Scream. 

"Well, duh! Ain't the Earth round?!" 

Ohhh, I bet swinging around with the whip will be so much fun! Spider-Indy!

Indy doing his best Scorpion impression.

You get to punch Nazis! Automatic Game of the Year right here!

It'll be so funny if a boss in this game is a big tough dude. That seems to be a tradition in these movies. 

I admit, this game looks like a lot of fun. I don't mind the first-person perspective myself. I think it helps with immersion. I admit, I am a bit mixed on the VA's work on Indy. I can understand they likely couldn't get Harrison Ford to voice him, and I do think the VA deserves an A for effort. A good effort, but I don't think he quite nails it. Doesn't ruin it for me, though. It's a shame this game is likely never coming to Nintendo Switch. Maybe I can get it to run on my laptop? Maybe not. Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it off! Take care of yourselves and each other! Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home, wash your hands often, wear a mask, and get your vaccine/booster! See you next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment