Tuesday, January 2, 2024

National Science Fiction Day

Happy National Science Fiction Day, everyone!

"Why is this day Science Fiction Day", you may ask? Well, it's because on this day in 1920, Isaac Asimov was born. Well, Asimov himself considered this day his birthday, his actual birthdate is unknown. For those not in the know, Isaac Asimov (1920-1992) was a very prolific author in the genre, having penned and edited over 400 books in his lifetime. While he's most famous for science fiction, he's also written in the mystery and fantasy genres. Asimov would be regarded as one of the great sci-fi authors, most known for his Foundation, Galactic Empire, and Robot series. In fact, he coined the word "robotics". 

I myself happen to be a bit of a fan of science fiction. Mainly thanks to Star Trek. As a kid, I was obsessed with space. I loved spaceships. My dad and I would watch Star Trek together, and it really helped mold me as a person. I own several Star Trek novels, my favorite one being Strike Zone from 1989. I must have read that one like, four times. I bought it at my local library. Dollar well-spent. 

Science fiction has been a big part of my life, and I hope you spend some time enjoying some, whether it's watching a movie or TV show, or reading a book/comic. Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it off! Take care of yourselves and each other! Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home, wash your hands often, wear a mask, and get your vaccine/booster! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment