Sunday, August 18, 2024

Shadow of the Ninja Reborn, My Thoughts

In 1990, a game debuted called Shadow of the Ninja. The game was developed and published by Japanese game company Natsume (Taito published the game in Europe), the game came out for the Nintendo Entertainment System. Set in the year 2029, it focused on a pair of ninjas named Lord Hayate and Lady Kaede. The two ninjas had one mission: assassinate the evil Emperor Garuda, a madman who took over the United States. 

The game would be well-received at release, and a Game Boy port was in the works, but said port would end up reworked into a Ninja Gaiden spinoff. It would get a spiritual spinoff for the Game Boy Color in 2001. And now, there's a remake on the way! Let's look at the trailer!

Natsume Atari and Tengo Project? Oh, we are in for a good time! In case you're wondering, Tengo Project is a team dedicated to remaking classic games. They did great remakes of Wild Guns, Ninja Warriors, and Pocky and Rocky. I've played the first two (utterly suck at Ninja Saviors, but it's still good. It's just so HARD).

Already in love with the art style and the music. 

I get the impression that this game allows two-player simultaneous play. That's neat. I never really played the original game (I grew up amidst the 16-bit Console Wars), so evidently that's from the original. Always nice to have the option of having a friend help you out.

Not much else I can say here except that this looks like a fun game. I think I'll give the demo a try. Thanks for reading this blog entry! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment