Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 3

Marvel's Cinematic Universe has grown. Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America, the Avengers, the Guardians of the Galaxy. And it is continuing to grow. The Avengers' sequel, Age of Ultron, is coming. And Marvel Studios has announced Phase Three is coming over the next six years. As such, I thought I'd give my thoughts on them. Now keep in mind, I may not say much about some of these films, as all there is about them are release dates. So, not much to work with here.


Ant-Man - July 2015
I have talked about this film already, but I have found that I some more to say on it. I want to be excited about this one. I really did. After all, all the Marvel movies before this one got me excited. I liked and enjoyed every one of them. However, this one will definitely be the big stumbling block. I think this one may be a misfire. With all the liberties taken with the mythos in this film, and the controversies regarding the production, and the exclusion of the founding Avenger Janet Van Dyne/The Wasp, I sadly think this one will be Marvel Studios' first disaster. Hank Pym deserved better. Scott Lang deserved better. Janet Van Dyne DEFINITELY deserves better.




Captain America: Civil War - May 2016
To be honest, I winced a bit when I saw this title. I hated Civil War in the comic books. Well, to be fair, I thought it was an interesting idea, just the execution stunk. I'm guessing this film will involve a conflict between Captain America and Iron Man. I'm just hoping that this film just involves an issue between them and it doesn't drag every other superhero into it. One thing for sure, this film probably will be better than the mini-series.




Doctor Strange: Serpent Society - November 2016
I was surprised to hear him being mentioned in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and now he's getting his own film. I've never read much of his solo stuff, just his Defenders and New Avengers adventures, so for me, this is new territory. I'm curious how they will incorporate the Master of Mystic Arts into the MCU, as that universe is more science and real world-themed. I have read that MCU's magic and mysticism will involve quantum physics and string theory and stuff like that. I will be honest, it'll be...well...strange hearing Doctor Strange quote Werner Heisenberg and Niels Bohr instead of yelling "By the hoary hosts of Hoggoth!"




Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - May 2017
OH, YEAH! I LOVED the Guardians' big film debut! I wrote my thoughts on it here. When it was announced a sequel will be made, I was so happy! I cannot WAIT to see Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Groot, and Rocket back on the big screen! I'm hoping this one will be as good as the first!


Thor: Ragnarok - July 2017
This one will be interesting. Ragnarok was the final end for the Norse Gods in the myths, so I'm fearing that this will spell the end for the God of Thunder and his family and friends in Asgard. I am hoping we get to see Balder appear in this movie. Or at least Amora the Enchantress. After all, her sister Lorelei appeared in Agents of SHIELD.


Black Panther - November 2017
Much like The Winter Soldier, I can see this film going to political thriller territory as T'Challa is the King of Wakanda. They've cast Chadwick Boseman for the role. I'm not familiar with his work, so I'm hoping he's good. I can't wait to see how Wakanda is going to look.


Captain Marvel - July 2018
Carol Danvers is making her MCU debut! The first MCU film with a female superhero in the lead! Awesome! Can't wait for this one! Hopefully this'll lead to Black Widow getting her own movie as well.


Inhumans - November 2018
MCU's X-Men movie. 'Nuff Said. I do wonder how they are going to adapt Black Bolt, Medusa, Karnak, Triton, Gorgon, and Crystal into the MCU, though.


Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 - May 2018
Avengers: Infinty War Part 2 - May 2019
This is it. The big one. The Main Event. Every MCU film has built towards this in some way. Avengers vs. Thanos. I can't WAIT five years! I want this NOWWWW! NOW NOW NOW NOW! I'm hoping we get a big epic super-team-up! Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Inhumans, all teaming up to fight Thanos! If this is what it'll be...the epicness will make Marvel fans' heads explode with joy.



No comments:

Post a Comment