Sunday, November 30, 2014

My Thoughts on the Jurassic World Trailer

Today, I stumbled across this trailer for the newest Jurassic Park film: Jurassic World.



Honestly, the first thing I thought after discovering this trailer on YouTube was "They're making another Jurassic Park movie"? I was genuinely surprised to see that there was another movie in the works, much less it is going to be released. Keep in mind, it has been MANY years since the last film.

As I watched the trailer, I couldn't help but wonder one thing, after the disaster that occurred with the original Jurassic Park, why in the name of everything holy would anyone try to create a theme park with living dinosaurs AGAIN?! If they're really going to try this again, they'd better have some better freakin' security. I mean, can you imagine some family going to this park, thinking that it'll be fun and totally unlike twenty years earlier.



After learning about this film from a friend, we had discussed this film's possible plot. What we both agreed on is that the film's story does keep in mind what went wrong in the first film, and have the characters keep those events in mind and something new makes the dinosaurs rampage. Like maybe sabotage by an environmentalist/animal rights group who operate under the misguided ideal that the dinosaurs should be allowed to run free.

Another plot point is that the scientists there are developing a super-hybrid dinosaur to increase park attendance. You can guess how well that'll go.

In all seriousness, this hopefully will become a big fun monster movie. Some of the plot seemingly makes no sense to me, but when it comes to these kind of movies, the plot doesn't really matter, people come to see the dinosaurs. So, I hope we get lots of dinosaur action.

The cast looks cool, too. You got Bryce Dallas Howard of Spider-Man 3, Vincent D'Onofrio from Law and Order: Criminal Intent, and Chris Pratt from Guardians of the Galaxy. Most of the cast are unknown to me, though, so I'll have to watch the film to see how they fare in this film.

All in all, I want to see this movie, if only for the dinosaur rampaging action.

No comments:

Post a Comment