Monday, November 30, 2015

Captain America: Civil War Trailer, My Thoughts

Well, after a long time (and a lot of screaming from fans), the trailer to the latest MCU flick: Captain America: Civil War...has dropped.

...And it is glorious.


One of the big moments of this trailer is that we finally get the first glimpse of the Marvel Cinematic Universe's newest member: The Black Panther.



I have to admit, I like costume. My only nitpick is that I feel the silver claw things on the Panther's chest and the arms should be gold instead of silver. But as I said, it's merely a nitpick. I generally love the suit, and I'm sure it'll look even better in motion in the actual movie.

I have to admit, when I first heard about this new film, I was unsure. I wasn't a fan of the Civil War story in the comics, so I asked myself, "Really? That story? There was a lot more story options they could've used." Personally, I would've loved them to tackle Mark Gruenwald's "Captain America No More" story. It's one of my personal favorite epic Cap stories.

I also had concerns when it was announced many of the actors would reappear in the film, reprising their roles from the Avengers films, I was additionally nervous. I felt that this was simply Avengers 3 rebranded as a new Cap film.

However, when I got to see the trailer...my fears were, for all intents and purposes, ended. I feel this film will focus on Cap and Bucky, which is very good. I also feel that this story will be better handled than the actual comic. I have some actual faith in this film, and that is good. I am very excited for this movie. I can't wait to see it. I also want to see Spectre.

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps they will base some of the final script on aspects from "Captain America No More". Considering what is involved in the story, there could be some crossover elements. I guess we'll see. In any case, I agree. Looking forward to this film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps, yes. I can imagine the storyline as is would be very hard to adapt into a film, but I can see elements of that story being used. After all, Age of Ultron did use elements from the comic storyline "Ultron Unlimited".

      This film will be great.

      Delete