Sunday, August 13, 2017

Ever Oasis Launch Trailer, My Thoughts

With Nintendo announcing they will continue supporting the 3DS (which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned), it makes sense there are more games out getting developed and released for it. Grezzo is one of the developers that is providing such further gaming fun for the handheld. And their creation? Ever Oasis. Let's look at the launch trailer, shall we?


First of all, I have to say, I did download and play the demo, and it was really cute. I had a lot of fun playing through it, and I really enjoyed the mix of action RPG and city-building elements.

Basically, the game allows you to play as a little character called a Seedling. Your world has been ravaged by an evil force known as Chaos. But there is hope. Your world is a giant desert, but you can build a place where people can find relief from its harsh endless sands. You can build them...an oasis. Alongside a water spirit named Esna, your character fights to save their world from Chaos, and make your oasis the greatest one ever.

The game allows you to fight monsters, recruit allies of a variety of other species, and recruit other Seedlings to build booths in your oasis where you can obtain gear and other things you need to do your missions out on the desert. The game has an Ancient Egyptian aesthetic, and it's amazing to look at.

I also liked that you could bring a couple allies with you to help you on missions. Each of the allies has a unique skill, so you have to pick carefully which ones to bring in for the missions. I like this, makes you think carefully and plan ahead.

Holy crud, a giant gold skeleton. That's pretty cool.

I get the feeling that the main villain is another Seedling. It's pretty obvious.

Based on the demo I played, there could be quite a bit to do in this game, which is good. Gives a reason to keep on playing.

This trailer was neat to look at. Didn't have a lot to say about it, as I had already played the free demo long before I saw this. If you have a member of the 3DS handheld family, I recommend downloading the free demo and giving it a try. Don't be surprised if you have a ton of fun playing it. I can't wait to get the full game myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment