Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Kirby 25th Anniversary Trailer, My Thoughts

Kirby. Since 1992, the little pink puffball from the planet Popstar has been protecting the universe using his ability to suck enemies up like a vacuum cleaner and use their powers. Created by Masahiro Sakurai, who would also go on to help create the Super Smash Bros. series, Kirby is one of Nintendo's most popular franchises, having a game on practically every console and handheld they put out, from the NES to the 3DS.

And this year, he's turning the big 2-5. Yup, Kirby is celebrating his Silver Jubilee, and Nintendo and HAL are celebrating by putting out this little trailer.


The trailer basically is a look at Kirby's glimpse of his history, a look at the many games he has appeared in during his long adventures.

I have to admit, my experience with the Kirby series is rather...limited. The only Kirby game I played was Nightmare in Dream Land for the GBA, which was a remake of the original NES game Kirby's Adventure. I remember really enjoying that game, and it was also incredibly easy. It was a lot of fun, though. I also played a demo of Planet Robobot, and it was rather enjoyable.

I'll have to be honest, I don't have a lot to say about this trailer. It is a neat trailer, though. It was cool seeing just how many games Kirby has been in and how the character's adventures have evolved over the years. I wonder if there's a celebratory game in the works. Game Freak put out Sun and Moon for the Pokémon franchise's 20th, I wonder if Nintendo and HAL have something like this in the works for Kirby. One can hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment