Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Street Fighter V Menat Reveal, My Thoughts

Street Fighter V's roster has grown again! And this time, it includes what I think is the series' first Egyptian character. Say hello to Menat!


When I first heard her, I thought she may have had a connection to Rose. She does talk about destiny and fate, things the tarot card-reading Rose deals with as well. She also seems to use a crystal ball in battle, which is kind of cool. I wonder if she'll have a unique mechanic like Kolin and F.A.N.G. have.

I wonder if that's her theme in the background. It's pretty neat.

She seems to employ dancing quite a bit in her moveset, which makes sense. Her name is another name for the Egyptian goddess Hathor, and one of the things she was a goddess of was dance. There's also a bit of a cat-like quality to her, which also makes sense. The ancient Egyptians loved their cats.

I can't really analyze her fighting style, as I know jack squat about fighting games. The only fighting games I ever really played were Street Fighter II and the Smash Bros. series. But she does seem to have some cool moves.

I like her. I think she's cute. Hope people take to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment