Saturday, September 16, 2017

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Trailer, My Thoughts

The September Nintendo Direct has alerted us gamers to a lot of stuff coming up for the Nintendo Switch and 3DS. And one of those things is a sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles called...Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Hey if it works. Let's take a look!


Welcome to the land of Alrest! It's...cloudy, isn't it? Heh heh.

That's a big dragon...thing. Titan is an appropriate name for it. If people have built cities on their back, do they make a deal with the Titans or something? Do the Titans mind all those people with their cities on their backs?

A Tree of Life? Does that mean this world has an Asgard or Muspelheim? Or Valhalla? And if there's a place called Elysium on it, will it be attacked by a bald Matt Damon wearing power armor?

There's a bunch of kingdoms here. Neat.

Uraya are essentially very much nature-lovers.

Mor Ardain are techno-freaks. They have turtle-tanks. I want a turtle-tank! Although it probably would be expensive to feed.

I'm guessing that the Titans must not have any issue with the cities on them, as the Indoline Praetrium worship them, and also have a city on the back of one of those dragon plesiosaur...things. They have much of the control over the military thanks to their faith. Yeah, religion and military always go well together...

And of course, you have to have your trade guild in Argentum. I'm guessing you buy items and weapons in the game from their merchants.

Torna, huh? They're a nation built on black ops. Okay, then. They seem a trustworthy sort.

So, there's this little girl, and I think we can assume that she has this Aegis thing. Honestly, I keep thinking it should be a shield.

Hi, Azurda! Wait, Titans can talk? If they can talk, then that means they can communicate with people! id the people who built these cities on them basically ask them if it was cool first?!

Heh, Rex. He's probably going to the character with the most "normal" name, if you get what I mean. He's awful young to be scavenging for things on his own. I'm guessing Azurda watches his back. And of course, this whole thing starts because of a boy and his hormones.

The combat system isn't like most RPGs I'm familiar with.

Heh heh, you can have Blades shoot or slash. Whichever is your preference.

Hmm, looks like the combat system encourages you to try out different blades and figure out the right ones for the job. Good way to encourage not sticking with one the entire game.

I have to admit, some of the stuff in this game does make me scratch my head. Like the combat system. I find it a bit weird. To be fair, I never played the original Xenoblade Chronicles, so it may just be something I'm not used to...if this combat system was used in the last one. At least it does allow to put some thought into how you fight monsters. The game does look really cool, though. I like the idea of people living on the back of giant flying monsters. I have heard good things about the original, so I hope the sequel does well, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment