Monday, May 11, 2020

Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition Announcement, My Thoughts

In 2012, Nintendo released the Monolith Soft-developed game Xenoblade Chronicles in the United States for the Nintendo Wii. It had been previously released in Japan in 2010, and then came to the PAL regions (Europe, Oceania, and Asia) in 2011. The game was part of the Xeno series of video games.

The game would get much critical praise upon release, regarded as one of the very best then-recent  RPGs made. The game would get ported to the New Nintendo 3DS in 2015. A spiritual successor for the game, Xenoblade Chronicles X, would be made for the Wii U, and 2017 would see a sequel for the Nintendo Switch: Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

And speaking of the Nintendo Switch, it has been announced that a remake of the original Xenoblade Chronicles is also coming to the Nintendo Switch. Let's take a look at the announcement trailer!



In Xenoblade Chronicles, you play as Shulk, whom you may know from the Smash Bros. games. Shulk is a scientist who lives on Bionis, a landmass formed from the corpse of a massive armored warrior. When Bionis is invaded by robotic monsters from another giant corpse-turned-landmass called Mechonis, Shulk discovers that he can wield a mystical sword known as the Monado. The Monado grants him the ability to see the future, and Shulk must join with a motley crew of other characters to save Bionis.

I first remember learning of this game when the port of it for the New Nintendo 3DS was announced. It looked like a lot of fun, but I didn't have a New Nintendo 3DS, so I could not play it. So I am thrilled this is coming to Switch.

I wonder if these two Titans will join the Monsterverse. I want to see them fight Godzilla and King Kong.

Did they ever get any lunch breaks during their endless conflict?

Man, I bet Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi would actually get nervous seeing these droids.

Shulk can't die! He's gotta be in Smash Bros.!

If I were Shulk, I would've bought some lottery tickets with that future-predicting power. Sweet sweet jackpot money!

I have to admit, the environments look incredible!

And we have an anime scream!

Future Connected is a special new epilogue that comes with this game. It will focus on one of the characters of the game and include an area that was cut from the original game. Neat, huh? It's nice when a remake includes new content.

I had wanted to play this game in the past, and I am very happy that I finally have the chance to do so now. I am very excited for that. I loved playing as Shulk in Smash Bros., so I am thrilled to be potentially playing his native game for the first time.

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it to others! Take care of yourself! Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home, and wash your hands often! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment