Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl Trailer, My Thoughts

Like many video game series over the years, the Pokemon series has undergone many a remake. The most recent example was Let's Go, Pikachu/Eevee for the Nintendo Switch. These games were remakes of the original Pokemon Yellow for the original Game Boy. The remake tradition continues on as it has been announced that Pokemon Diamond and Pearl are finally getting a long-demanded update! Let's look at the trailer for Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl!


I don't have a Nintendo DS that looks like that. I got the mini version. Much more handy to carry in the pocket.


Believe it or not, I never got the original Diamond and Pearl. I got Pokémon Platinum instead. I did end up getting a hacked version of Pearl on eBay, though. You know, one of those hacked cartridges that had all the Pokémon and tons of items? Man, those were the days.

I've heard complaints that the graphics make it look like a mobile game. Well, I don't see the issue. I think it looks rather cute. It's sort of a upscaled take on the original DS graphics.

Shinx! I love Shinx! If you've been following my Text Play of Pokémon Zeta, then you'd know I have a Luxray in my standard team. Shinx are awesome.


I also used Shinx in my teams in Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver. Handy little guy.

Is it just me, because I keep getting the feeling the games should be called Shining Diamond and Brilliant Pearl? I mean, people often associate diamonds with shining. Shine on, you crazy diamond, that kind of thing.

Well, there's only one thing I can say about this announcement!


This is awesome! I've heard complaints about the graphics, but I personally don't mind them. I think the game looks very cute, and it's based on the original sprites. I can't wait to see how Sinnoh is updated for Generation 8! And now I know that this will lead people to scream for Unova to get the remake treatment next...

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it off! Take care of yourselves and each other! Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home, wash your hands often, and wear a mask! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment