Monday, March 29, 2021

The Suicide Squad Trailer, My Thoughts

Back in October of last year, I gave my thoughts on the roll call teaser for the DC Cinematic Universe's upcoming 10th film: The Suicide Squad. I remember being quite excited for this movie thanks to that teaser. Well, now...there's a full trailer! Let's take a look!

Now, before we begin, I must warn you all. This is a red band trailer. That means this trailer will likely not be safe for work, if you know what I mean. There's gore and some characters using adult language.


Peacemaker isn't wrong here. Harley's a bit...unstable.


It is kind of hilarious seeing Peacemaker in civilian clothes, but still wearing his big silver helmet. I think John Cena's having fun being this guy. 

...Blast it, Harley! You always gotta ruin it!


I still think Savant will bite it. James Gunn is not afraid to kill of Michael Rooker. He's done it before.

Yeah, Blackguard is totally dead.

I think for Weasel, death will be a mercy.

Hey, that's John Ostrander as one of the doctors! Ostrander and his late then-wife Kim Yale co-wrote the run on the Suicide Squad that made the series famous. They also revamped Barbara Gordon into Oracle during that run.

James Gunn is either a god for some kind of film sorcerer. I can't imagine convincing Sylvester Stallone to not only voice a shark-man, but also say the words "NOM NOM". That's just amazing to me.


Heh heh, Peacemaker taking notes.

...I'm actually hoping King Shark makes it now. 

I would not be surprised if Polka-Dot Man spends the entire movie trying to get killed, only to make it through. That would be hilarious.

A personalized license plate beat up Harley's parents once. At least that's what she says.

Eh, Harley's more understandable about coughing without covering your mouth. Especially these days. It's not only rude, but dangerous.

Yeah, Peacemaker is going to be a breakout character. Again, you can tell John Cena is just having fun playing this guy.

Steely Dan's "Dirty Work". Gunn's got great musical taste.


How many King Sharks does it take to rip a man in half? Just one.

Harley Quinn's ballet ideas were rejected by the Bolshoi for a reason.

Aww. I hope those two make it.

OH. MY. GOD. WAS THAT...STARRO?! FREAKIN' STARRO THE CONQUEROR?! THE FIRST VILLAIN OF THE JUSTICE LEAGUE?!


...JAMES GUNN, YOU ARE A MADMAN! YOU ARE A BEAUTIFUL MAGNFICENT MADMAN! IF I COULD, I WOULD HUG YOU!

Oh, this film looks to be quite a lot of fun. I can't wait for this! 

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it off! Take care of yourselves, and each other! Stay safe, stay home, wash your hands often, and wear a mask! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment