Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Black Widow Trailer #2, My Thoughts

Back in December 2019, I took a look at the teaser trailer for the upcoming 24th film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe: Black Widow. I remember being incredibly hyped for it when it first came out. I was on vacation at the time, and I was eager to write about it when I got home. 

The film had ended up delayed a couple of times due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and I admit, I ended up forgetting about the movie. But it seems we're seeing the light at the end of that particular tunnel, and Marvel Studios is starting up the hype machine again for this film. Let's look at the new trailer!


It's nice we get a little recap of Natasha's adventures in the MCU. Considering how long this film has been delayed thanks to the pandemic, it's a great way to remind Nat that the Avengers to her were not just a family, but a way of seeking redemption from a dark past.

Nat looks good in white.


I think it has been implied that Natasha has trained as an agent her whole life. You can get that impression from this part. This scene with David Harbour's Red Guardian implies that he genuinely tried to be a father to the girls being trained in the Red Room. It's a nice bit of heartwarming in a dark time in Nat's life.

That line from presumably Florence Pugh's Yelena Belova makes sense. In the comics, Yelena desired to succeed Natasha as the Black Widow.

So may memes will come from that dude whispering to Taskmaster. Just sooooo many. Also, I have to admit, I don't dislike the mask as much as I used to now I got a better look at it. Yeah, I do wish they tried to make it look more like a skull, but it could have been worse.

And that's why you buckle up.

I love the Avengers theme being backed with what I presume is a chorus singing in Russian. 

And I am hyped all over again! Yup, I am hyped all over again. I can't wait to see this movie. And since I'm getting my second vaccine soon, I can watch this in a theatre! Yay! I can't wait!

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it off! Take care of yourselves and each other! Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home, wash your hands often, wear a mask, and get vaccinated! See you next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment