Friday, April 9, 2021

R-Type Final 2 Demo Trailer, My Thoughts

When the evil Bydo Empire attacks, the R-9 Arrowhead flies into action to take them down! Since 1987, the R-9 has been kicking Bydo butt in various games in the classic R-Type series. The ship has flown on a variety of consoles and handhelds over the years, and now the latest generation of these games is going to get R-Typed with the demo for R-Type Final 2! Let's look at the trailer!


Don't you worry, folks. I won't let you down! The Bydo Empire is gonna get wrecked!

Ooh, I like this customization idea. You can make your R-9 "Arrowhead" uniquely yours. I wonder if you can do the same with weapon systems. Heck, you could outdo Gradius in that!

I do think the game looks absolutely awesome. It is a feast for the eyes.


(Wow)

I also think that the music is pretty cool. Although it doesn't quite fit R-Type to me. I do hope we hear a nice remix of the first level theme from the first R-Type. That would be nice.

I like that we see the bouncing lasers (the long blue lasers that bounce off walls) and the DNA Laser (The red and blue energy blasts that look like DNA strands). 

(DNA)

I always thought those weapons looked cool. Also, the DNA Laser (I know it likely has an "official" name, but I have no idea what that is) is a rather...appropriate weapon for R-Type, since some of the levels in the original game look like they're inside a monster's body.

Upgrade. Evolve. Destroy. That tagline implies to me that this game has some RPG elements. Maybe you can 

Sorry this is so short, but this is a  

No comments:

Post a Comment