Monday, April 26, 2021

Text Play: Pokémon Zeta #20

Hello, and welcome back to the Vesryn region! This is entry number 20 in my Text Play of Pokemon Zeta!


Wow. The big 2-0. I never imagined that this Text Play to actually get this far. I want to thank everyone who's been reading, enjoying and supporting me on this journey through this game. I have had a ton of fun doing this, and I hope you all continue to enjoy this Text Play, and other ones I may do in the future. After all, there is another Pokémon fangame I want to tackle in the future...


Yes, yes, I know. I still have to complete Mega Adventure. I know. Believe me, I know. Anyway, I do want to, as usual, issue a warning. I will be spoiling this game. Kind of unavoidable with something like this, unfortunately.


As such, I recommend that you play the game for yourself if you don't want to get spoiled on anything here. You can download the game at its wiki here. And with that, let's go!


I have been grinding and working towards getting ready for a very big battle in Mt. Press. Surprisingly, getting Tentacruel up to a level near the rest of my regular team has not been as hard as I feared. In fact, it's been surprisingly breezy, ha ha. During my grinding sessions, I always tried to stay near the nurse that stands near the exit to the exterior of Level 2 of the mountain.

I do kind of find it funny that she just...stands there, waiting for trainers to come by who need their Pokemon fixed up. Don't get me wrong, I do like that there's a nurse here. It's a nice little anti-frustration feature and it does allow you to save your Potions and other healing items for the big battles ahead. Because you will need those items. It's just...it's funny that she's just...standing there.

Seriously! When you use her to heal your Pokemon, the sprite uses the standard Pokemon Center animation and you even hear the healing jingle. But where does she put the Pokemon? There's no machine near her! It's weird.


It would also be nice if there was a little shop somewhere in this mountain. I mean, I can imagine that a lot of travelers make their way through this mountain in their journey through Vesryn. Having a little shop to resupply would be only too convenient for Trainers. Of course, I can imagine it would lead some to ask how the store gets supplied, but that's thinking too much. It's a Pokémon game, some things you just...have to let go.


Anyway, it's time to push forward and hit the peak. After all, we can't dawdle in the mountain forever. When you arrive at the snowy areas, go right, upwards, then all the way right.


Don't worry about this item. We can't get it right now. Continuing on the mountain, we fight some more trainers, and there's something really special here.


This is a very special rock. You see, this is an Ice Rock. Ice Rocks have appeared in various regions in Pokemon games since Generation III (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald). This rock is mainly for evolving one Pokemon: Eevee. You level it up near this rock, it evolves into Glaceon. So, if you want a Glaceon, well...here you go. You can get one by going right here. I have to admit, I am...not a fan of the Ice Rock. It seems so...well, I don't know the word for it, but look at it like this. This rock can only evolve one Pokemon, and you have to take this Pokemon all the way there to use the rock to evolve it. It seems so silly to me. Why just use an evolutionary stone? That seems more convenient to me.

Yeah, this journey through the mountain is a rather long one. It can wear on the patience if you're someone like me, someone who always returns to a Pokemon Center to heal after battles out of fear they'll run out of healing items. It's a thing with me. Thankfully, it's not as long or as annoying as Mt. Snarlet in Pokemon Mega Adventure. God, I hate Mt. Snarlet. I really oughta finish that Text Play one day.

Anyway, the entrance to the fourth floor is right near the Ice Rock. Once we reach the entrance, we meet another Team Olympus Grunt.


I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I swear to Arceus, these people are the cockroaches of the Pokemon world. Take out one, and a bunch more appear in their place. Sheesh. It's here we have to go through a gauntlet of Team Olympus goons. Thankfully, after getting through it, there's another nurse nearby.


Man, it's great that she is here. SAVE YOUR GAME HERE. I am totally serious. Save your game here. This is basically the last "rest stop" before you end up having to battle Thor and Loki. And then you'll have to battle Zeus himself. Thor and Loki's Pokemon are around level 50-53 in strength. And Zeus's are around level 57-59. I am not kidding. If you are even the slightest bit uncertain about being ready to face them, then save the game here. Save the game here and grind as much as you have to in order to be ready. That is what I plan to do. I want to be ready. 

And that's where I think we'll stop for now. Next time, I hopefully will be ready to face the big thunder-throwing boss of Team Olympus! Thanks for reading this blog entry! See you next time! 

Pokemon Obtained:
(Mt. Press)
- Sableye

No comments:

Post a Comment