Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Shovel Knight Dig Release Date Trailer, My Thoughts

In 2014, Yacht Club Games released the game Shovel Knight for the Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, and Microsoft Windows. Over the next three years, it would be ported to various other consoles and operating systems. It would be highly praised, and additional campaigns would be released, focusing on various characters in the game.

The game has spawned a minor franchise in its own right, with it getting a dungeon crawler pulle spinoff called Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon. And a second spinoff is on the way, an action-platformer roguelite called Shovel Knight Dig. Let's look at the trailer!



Okay. Who is this guy?


He should take up reading if he's so bored.


Hey, Jirard the Completionist! I love his videos!


Heh heh. Unearth.

"Yes, right now, stupid! Let's go!"

Heh heh heh, dig dig dig dig. I dig it.

Ooh, looks like they're going 16-bit with the graphics. 

You ever played Mario 2? No, the American one, not The Lost Levels. This reminds me of that one level where you have to dig a lot.

I love the look of the game, very colorful. And it's nice to see retro-style games embrace the 16-bit aesthetic. That was my era. Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, they were my consoles growing up. 

Music is catchy, too. 

Ooh, big swords. Don't wanna get hit by those.

Does Shovel Knight have to collect Rupees from the Legend of Zelda games?

I imagine that caravan is where you have to buy upgrades with your treasure.

Shovel to the face would hurt. 

Yeah, they're going to be met by the cops.

Yeah, this looks like it will be a ton of fun. I enjoyed the original Shovel Knight, and I think this game will be just as enjoyable as the original. I do hope we get a true sequel one day, though. But this will do for now. I can't wait for this game to be released! 

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it off! Take care of yourselves and each other! Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home, wash your hands often, wear a mask, and get your vaccine/booster! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment