Friday, August 21, 2026

VisionQuest Trailer, My Thoughts

What determines a person's identity? What makes them who they are? And if you were an android that was destroyed and rebuilt..., were you still that same android? Or are you now someone...or something completely different? These questions have plagued a certain android Avenger since his own rebirth. 

VisionQuest is the 18th television miniseries in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It's also part of a sort of "trilogy" that includes WandaVision and Agatha All Along. Jac Schaffer of WandaVision was involved as head writer of the project but eventually left, with creator Terry Matalas taking over as showrunner. It features Paul Bettany reprising the role of the Vision from previous MCU entries as he attempts to not only figure out who he is, but also ends up helping a teenager who may be one of his long-lost sons. 

VisionQuest was filmed from March-July 2025 in Pinewood Studios in London. Yeah, the same studio that did the James Bond and Carry On films. Let's look at the trailer!

So, Vision is now in Ireland. I honestly would like to visit Ireland one day. It seems like a very pretty country.

I know this is meant to imply Wanda, but there could be a twist. It could mean someone else.

Man, this must be awkward for the Vision. He has the memories of his relationship with Wanda, but none of the emotional connections. It must be so awkward and confusing for him.


 And in Vision's case, he means that quite literally.

Vision did try adopting a goldfish, but it did not end well. What with the Irish Mob and the stolen gold and somebody accidentally drinking an expired magic potion that got mixed with a mai-tai. Yeah, it was a bad week.

I love how blatantly artificial that house and those gardens look. Helps really show we're in the mind of a machine. I know it's likely special effects that are not quite finished yet, but I think it's nice touch if it's intentional.

He also competed in the World Hula Hoop Competition. Won a silver. 

I wonder if Vision can play films from streaming services in his head theatre. I bet he has all of them in there. 

Wait, James D'Arcy?! From Agent Carter?! Now that's a surprise!

From what I understand, these people here are all meant to be avatars of the various AIs we've seen in the MCU. There's EDITH, who appeared in Spider-Man: Far From Home, the two robots Dum-E and U from the Iron Man films, and of course, D'Arcy is playing the pre-Vision JARVIS, who was modeled on Edwin Jarvis, who appeared in Agent Carter and Avengers: Endgame.

ULTRON?! How did he return?!

I mean, I thought he was trapped in that body Vision destroyed in Age of Ultron. Did he manage to download himself into Vision and was hiding all this time? Or is this a remnant of Ultron's original code that was used to create Vision? 

I love that Ultron's human avatar is basically an old professor with a sinister edge. And of course, James Spader. 

They aren't wrong, Vision. You do remember what he did to Sokovia, right?

"I will call you a lot of things, but Pee-Paw will not be one of them!" ...yeah, I get the feeling that Ultron and Vision's interactions will be the most fun parts of the miniseries.

I think we got the ultimate theme of VisionQuest right here, the quest for Vision to find...himself, really.

Well, I have to admit, I am excited about this miniseries. I do have some questions about where these AIs came from, but I imagine we will get some answers in the show. I have heard that they're supposed to be remnants of the various AIs we've seen in the MCU over the years. I do wonder what happened to DUM-E and U after Tony died in Avengers: Endgame. I imagine maybe Pepper or Happy inherited them. We know Peter Parker doesn't have them. As you can see, I have a lot of questions, and I hope to get plenty of answers. 

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it off! Take care of yourselves and each other! If you like what I write and want to give this blog some additional support, please make a donation to my Ko-fi! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment