Monday, August 17, 2026

Avengers: Doomsday Special Look, My Thoughts

Last month, I looked at the trailer for the upcoming film Avengers: Doomsday. The 39th film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, this film is a multiverse-spanning adventure that'll being together the heroes of the MCU Earth, the Fantastic Four of Earth-828, and the X-Men of Earth...X-Men to take on the Multiverse-spanning threat of Doctor Doom! And now a special look is out! Let's look at the trailer!

That scene is very Doom. It's regal yet menacing. They nailed it.

Sue's dialogue here seems to confirm that this Doom is from Earth-828. Which...makes sense. He was hinted at in First Steps, and he did appear in the mid-credits scene of that film.

I also get the impression from Sue's dialogue here that she saw a side of Doom that not many others did.

The scene with Doom looking up at the painting? That's a nod to the comics. In the comics, Doom's mother Cynthia was a sorceress who was killed by the demonic Mephisto when Doom was a boy. One of his goals was to free her soul from his Hell-like dimension. Which I believe he pulled off alongside Doctor Strange in the graphic novel Triumph and Torment. 

Man, that Doom costume is amazing.

I think that's Earth-828. 

Those scenes all have the theme of family linking them. The found family in the X-Men. Scott Lang and his daughter Cassie. Johnny Storm and his nephew Franklin. Steve Rogers and his baby. Thor and his adopted daughter Love. Loki, Thor's brother. Shuri, the sister of the late T'Challa. Shows just how "broken" (how Sue described Doom as) really is.

Ohhh, Thor's going to give Doom one heck of a headache...

...or not.

With two fingers. With TWO. FINGERS.

"Hell answers to me. For I. Am. Doom." That is a Doctor Doom line. That is something they would say. Whatever they say about this movie, I think they'll nail Doom.

Yeah, this wasn't quite what I expected from a "special look". I thought we'd get like snippets of interviews with the actors mixed with clips from the movie, that kind of thing, not a second trailer. But I'm not complaining. This film looks like it will be absolutely incredible! I can't wait to watch it! Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it off! Take care of yourselves and each other! If you like what I write and want to give this blog some additional support, please make a donation to my Ko-fi! See you next time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment