Thursday, September 10, 2026

Metroid Ravenous Trailer, My Thoughts

Samus Aran is back, in a wild new adventure! Co-developed by Spanish company MercurySteam (who also helped make the last game in the series: Metroid Dread) and Nintendo EPD, Metroid Ravenous is the eleventh mainline game in the Metroid series. Not much has been revealed about the story of this game, so maybe this trailer will reveal something! Let's take a look!

I imagine Samus is thinking right now "Do you have any blasted idea how long it took me to get all the way up there?! Now I have to do it ALL OVER AGAIN!"

Never tell Samus the odds!

Yup, the gameplay is classic Metroid. 

SAMUS NEEDS MOAR DAKKA!

Hey, the counters from Samus Returns! Makes sense they'd be here, as MercurySteam was involved with that game, too. I've got to finish it one day...

Yeah, you wouldn't want to get eaten by that thing. 

OOH, THAT HAS GOTTA HURT!

Aw, man. This game looks so cool. Samus looks so dynamic. 

I think it would be such a funny running gag if Samus kept asking if people were going to eat things.


Whoa, what happened to her armor?! Is this like some kind of werewolf transformation? Is she becoming a monster? I think I need to play Dread...

Oh, Samus isn't just hungry, she's HANGRY. ...Who forgot to give her sandwiches?! Did Ridley steal her sandwiches? 

Well, this game looks like it'll be a lot of fun! A shame it's not coming to the Switch, but at least I have a reason to pick up a Switch 2 down the line. Seriously, Nintendo, Super Nintendo Switch was right there. Anyway, I heard nothing but good things about Dread, so I think this will be, too. Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it off! Take care of yourselves and each other! If you like what I write and want to give it some additional support, please make a donation to my Ko-fi! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment