Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Text Play: Pokémon Insurgence (Detergent Mod) #9

 Hello, and welcome back to the Torren Region! This is entry #9 in my Text Play of Pokémon Insurgence...with the Detergent Mod!

Last time, we managed to defeat Damien in a rematch. He was good. Real good. His Delta Charizard is no joke. We also explored Roggan Town, home of Torren's Game Corner and future site of its Battle Frontier. And then we started on Route 6. 

So, where do we go from here? Let's find out! Before we begin, I wish to warn you, I will be spoiling this game.


As such, I highly recommend that you play this game for yourself before you read these Text Plays. You can download the game here. And now, on with the show! 

Before we fully travel through the Route, I wanted to hit the Game Corner and give Triple Triad a try. I've never been interested in the game before. Who knows, maybe playing around will win me over. Before we did, I went to Felicity to check out the lucky number. Won another Ultra Ball. Yay! I also wanted to buy some more cards. Thanks to Debug Mode and a lot of Nuggets, I have more than enough money to buy a ton of expensive ones.


I bought a couple Torterra and Zapdos cards, And because I have a Fire deck, I bought some Heatmor, Charizard, and Dugtrio cards, the Dugtrio ones just for the heck of it. I got money, after all. Why not spend it? One we bought some cards, we can now play the game. So, how does Triple Triad work? Well, first we have to talk to Felicity at the Game Corner.


She doesn't just let you buy and sell cards, she'll explain the rules of the game to you. That's very nice and helpful of her. I hope the Game Corner pays her very well. Anyway, the rules work like this: We have a grid, 3 squares by 3 squares. Each player chooses five cards from their deck for their hand. Each player then takes turns putting cards on the board. 

Each card has a number on its sides. When a card is placed, the numbers on the card are compared to the numbers on the sides of the card that touches it. If the placed card's number is higher, the placer gets control of the card. Whoever controls the most cards when the grid is filled wins the game and also wins one of the loser's cards. The card lost is chosen at random, so make sure to get lots of extras. The game here comes in four difficulties: Easy, Normal, Hard, and Legendary.

I'm playing on Easy mode because I'm new to this. This mode also allows you to see your opponent's hand, and there are no rule variations. In fact, the purpose of this mode is to help teach the game. Every game should have an Easy mode. Once we agree to play, Felicity lets us in, and we meet our first opponent: this nice old lady here.

She seems like one of those "one with nature" types. Which is cool, never had an issue with those folks. Nature is nice after all. Let's play some Triple Triad. 

We have to pick our five cards. I chose to use a Natu, Aerodactyl, Charizard, Marowak, and a Heatmor card.


The lady, Tyla by name, chooses her own five cards: Two Budews, a Nidorina, a Growlithe, and an Anorith. She placed her first Budew on the top center cell. I placed my Natu on the top right, taking the Budew. She then placed her Anorith card on the top left, taking it back. I put the Aerodactyl underneath the Anorith, giving me 3-1. She placed her second Budew on the bottom left. I put my Charizard on the middle right cell, taking control of the second Budew. She then placed her Growlithe on the bottom middle cell, taking back her Budew. I put my Aerodactyl in the middle, giving me control of her first Budew She placed her final card, her Nidorina, on the remaining cell.

As you can see, we won against Tyle, controlling six cards to her three. And I won her Nidorina card.


I admit, I felt a little bad about that. I would have happily taken one of her Budews, as she had an extra. I can certainly see why people enjoy Triple Triad. It's basically a game that requires a bit of luck and a bit of strategy. Anything can happen.

When we first enter the Route, we can battle this guy.

He tells us, like the screenshot says, that Helios is north of here. Also, it's the biggest city in Torren. Which makes sense. Helios, in Greek myth, is a sun god and personification of the sun. His chariot pulls the sun through the sky, explaining sunrise and sunset. And the Sun is the biggest (and brightest) star seen in the sky, due to the fact that Earth is closer to it than any other star. 

So, let's take him on!

(Athlete) Tor (His sprite is a baseball player. That's neat. Reminds me of Black and White.)
1st Pokémon: Hitmonlee (Lv. 42) - Defeated by Torterra. Hitmonlee's Hi Jump Kick hit Grotle hard, though.
2nd Pokémon: Primeape (Lv. 42) - Defeated by Krystal the Delta Venusaur.
3rd Pokémon: Hitmontop (Lv. 43) - Defeated by Krystal.

After we win, he tells us we should go there, as he describes it as a "crazy place". I don't doubt it. Helios is supposedly a big ol' city, after all. Makes sense there's be lots to do there. I want to see what's going on there, but we have to get there first! Once we enter the Route and get past Tor, we can fish and surf in a nearby lake. Also near the lake is an Ultra Ball.

You can grab it if you'd like. As you can also see in the screenshot, there is a bridge. If we cross it, we end up passing through here.

We have to battle that guy to continue onward. He compliments the colors he's seen on this Route. He especially is fond of the majestic greens and beautiful blues. I mean, he's not wrong. The greens are indeed majestic and the blues are indeed beautiful. And he wants to capture them not by painting or photography, but battle. Eh, whatever floats your boat.

(Artist) Kao
1st Pokémon: Smeargle (Lv. 42) - Defeated by Torterra.
2nd Pokémon: Musharna (Lv. 43) - Defeated by Krystal. Musharna was hard to damage due to my team having no Dark-types or Dark-type moves. I have to work on that.

He found our battle elegant. I'm glad he did. Anyway, we continue on the next Bridge ahead of him and find...this thing on the wall.

What is that? Is that some kind of art thing? It reminded me of something I saw when I was a kid. On my way to my grandmother's house in Great Britain, we would see these colorful shapes arranged in a line on the side of cliffs. Not the white cliffs of Dover, different cliffs. They were really cool. I don't think they're there anymore. I wish I had a camera then, I would have photographed or filmed them. 

Right, right. Sorry about that. Just feeling a bit nostalgic. Anyway, if we continue upwards, there's a path that takes us to the left. If we go on that path, we'll be taken here to this corner.

As you can see in the screenshot, there's a Max Repel. It's handy if you don't want to be bothered by wild Pokémon on your travels. There's also a Trainer we can battle. He's a big fan of Bug-types, as he believes they are the strongest kind of Pokémon. I mean, I'd agree with him when it comes to Butterfree. Butterfrees have always been reliable powerhouses on my teams in various games. 

(Bug Catcher) Mikage
1st Pokémon: Butterfree (Lv. 44) - Defeated by Shiro.
2nd Pokémon: Beedrill (Lv. 44) - Withdrawn from battle after a dose of Fire Blast from Shiro. 
3rd Pokémon: Ninjask (Lv. 43) - Defeated by Shiro. Brought out in place of Beedrill.

He still insists Bug-types are the best. Whatever floats your boat, my friend. And again, I'd agree with him when it comes to Butterfree. Anyway, we go upwards, and we find ourselves here. 

A maze of fences. I wonder why this is here. Is it an artist making some kind of statement? Who knows?

The blue haired man explains that every year, a parade passes through this Route to Helios City. It's a big celebration, but he doesn't reveal what it's for before we battle him. 

(Bird Keeper) Josh
1st Pokémon: Pidgeot (Lv. 42) - Defeated by Thunderwing the Zapdos.
2nd Pokémon: Swoobat (Lv. 43) - Defeated by Thunderwing.
3rd Pokémon: Fearow (Lv. 43) - Defeated by Thunderwing. 

We swept his team! I friggin' love Zapdos. After we beat him, he mentions the "next festival" is in two months, and he is excited for it.


Yeah, he doesn't say exactly what this "festival" is or what it's celebrating. Is it celebrating a harvest? Or, considering games like this, it's a general celebration of Pokémon? Maybe we'll find out more in Helios, because I am very curious. To actually get to Helios though, we're actually going to have to get past that fence maze. Thankfully, it's not remotely as complicated as it seems to get through. No, it's not. It really isn't. Just enter, go to the left, and then the exit is right there. It's literally that simple! Makes me wonder why it's there in the first place.

Yeah, just stay hugging the trees, and we'll be right at the exit. Before we go, if we go down the other side of the maze's exterior, we'll find an item.

It's an Ether, if you're wondering. So, now we got that, let's move on.

Welcome to Route 7.

Yeah, it's another route. We'll get to Helios. I hope. We can battle the green-haired cape-wearer in the screenshot if you'd like. He wants to run away and join the circus. Is that still a thing in this day and age?

(Juggler) Shan
1st Pokémon: Ambipom (Lv. 45) - Defeated by Torterra. Ambipom's Double Hit managed to hurt it bad, though.
2nd Pokémon: Ambipom (Lv. 44) - Defeated by Gabite. Like with Torterra, it was hit hard by Ambipom's Double Hit move.

After we beat him, he says he loves the circus. I don't blame him. I went to one years ago when I was younger, and it was neat. Anyway, this Route is a short one. We just go upwards and follow the path to the left. Doing so takes us up here.

Hey, there's also a Dusk Ball on the ground! I wonder how that got there. Maybe some Trainer accidentally dropped it. Although how it ended up there is anyone's guess. Maybe it rolled there. After picking up the Ball, I noticed something...familiar.

Huh. Haven't seen a puddle of green water in a while. I think since all the way back in entry #1 when were escaping that facility. Come to think of it, you'd think Persephone would have noticed that we were gone by now. I mean, we've gotten two Badges. I can imagine Badge fights are public record.

I wonder how that got there? Maybe somebody did some waste dumping in Helios?  

To go forward, we have to pass by those two watchtowers and battle the lady with the umbrella. She thinks we want to see Jaern. Honestly, I'd rather avoid him if I can. Man gives me the creeps.

She says he's way too important to waste his time on people like us. Yeah, I'm sure.

I'm going to enjoy fighting her.

(Parasol Lady) Maurine
1st Pokémon: Basculin (Red Stripe, Lv. 44): Defeated by Torterra.
2nd Pokémon: Heliolisk (Lv. 44) - Defeated by Gabite with one shot of Earthquake.
3rd Pokémon: Absol (Lv. 44) - Defeated by Seismitoad with Drain Punch and poisoning.

She grumbles it wasn't fair. Too bad, lady. No one cares. We go upwards and find us at this bridge.

I admit, when I first saw this bridge, I got the impression it was meant to be lined in gold, giving the idea that Helios is a rich city full of rich people. I mean, it makes no sense, but the phrase "Rich in dollars, poor in sense" exists for a reason. Ah, well. This bridge leads us right to Helios City.


Welcome to Helios City! Home of the Augur, and one of the richest and biggest cities of the Torren Region. In fact, according to one woman walking around the streets, this place is actually Torren's capital city. I can't help but think that Helios was inspired by Manhattan. It looks like a big island, and it even has what appears to be its own version of Central Park right near the center of the city. I want to explore that park. However, when we arrive in the city, Damian is there.

How you been doing, buddy? Sadly, he has some bad news for us.

He went to the Jade Tower to warn Jaern, but it turns out the Cultists were already there. Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that Jaern invited them. We have to find another way into the Tower, presumably as they have the main entrances covered. He thinks maybe we can get in through the sewers. Do I look like Wolverine to you, Damian?!

He then vanishes, presumably to find another way in. I imagine he's going to try to get in through the sewers. He's going to stink to high heaven. But first, let's get to the Pokémon Center here in Helios. Naturally, for a big city, the Center is a full-on PokeMall. According to one old lady here, Helios's is actually bigger than most other complexes like this, due to how rich the city is.

However, when I went inside, it didn't seem any bigger or fancier than the previous PokeMalls we've been to in the past. Yeah. There weren't any unique stores or anything like that. Well, there is a reason for that. You see, Torren isn't just known for being the home of the Augur. It's also known for its big Department Store. 

There's a house to the right of the PokeMall. 


Yeah, that one. If we go upstairs and talk to the kid with the Chatot, he'll say there's someone willing to trade a Barboach for any Pokémon. It's a good opportunity to get yourself a Whiscash if you want. We'll have to do that next time. Yeah, not much happened here in this entry, and I do apologize for that. This month has been a bit crazy, so I haven't been able to devote a lot of time to this game. New job, other fangames, that kind of thing. I hope you'll join me next time when we fully explore Helios City. Wish me luck! Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it off! Take care of yourselves and each other! If you like what I write and want to give this blog some additional support, please make a donation to my Ko-fi! See you next time!

Pokémon Obtained:
(Route 6)
- Minun
- Gogoat
- Lapras (obtained by Surfing)
- Farfetch'd
(Route 7)
- Stoutland
- Phantump
- Chatot

No comments:

Post a Comment