Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Street Fighter Trailer #2, My Thoughts

Back in April, I took a look at the first trailer for the upcoming live-action Street Fighter movie. And back in December of 2025, I took a look at the teaser. And now, a second trailer has arrived! Let's take a look!

Oh, man. Hinting at the Satsui No Hado. Makes sense, as Akuma in this movie. For those not in the know, it's basically an evil energy that martial artists can access, at the cost of their humanity.

This scene gives the impression that Ken and Ryu are given the main focus here. After all, they are practically brothers, even if Ken doesn't like saying so here.

Again, I like that the Hadouken looks like it takes a lot of effort to pull off. You have to be a darn good martial artist to do something like that. It's a good touch.

Another classic cliche, the great fighter at a low point. It's not a bad thing, tropes exist for a reason.

Getting knocked around by the Strongest Woman in the World. That's got to hurt.

Heh. Count on Chun-Li to get down to business.

I get the feeling that Ken will finally be able to do the Shoryuken at the end of the movie. 

Yes, you get the impression here that Ken is driven by an obsession with trying to outdo Ryu as a fighter. That'll be his arc, his realizing that he is a great fighter in his own right.

Yup, Chun-Li wants Bison dead. Just like the games. And what a throw!

Ryu's back, baby! 

Heh heh, Ryu's in danger.

Oh man, that Hundred Hand Slap looks so cool!

Again, where did they find this lad?!

I love the little look Ryu shoots Guile. "You think he looks ridiculous?!"

I can't help but think that bit with Chun-Li and Vega (or Claw outside the US. It's a thing) was a nod to the animated movie.

"CAMMY YOU MOTHERFUUUUUUU-"

I admit, I am still hyped to see this movie. Will it be a deep complex film that explores the flaws and foibles of humanity? No. Will it a be a fun time focusing on wacky characters beating the tar out of each other? Yes. And that's perfectly okay. Sometimes, a film just needs to be a fun watch, and I think this will be exactly that, especially if you're a fan of the games. But I get the feeling even non-gamers will like it. Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it off! Take care of yourselves and each other! If you like what I write and want to give this blog some additional support, please make a donation to my Ko-fi! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment