Friday, June 17, 2016

Moana Teaser Trailer, My Thoughts.

Disney is at it again! They have released a teaser trailer for their newest animated feature. This new film will be the 56th film in the Disney Animated Canon. This film's name? Say hello to Moana!


As a wrestling fan, I had to admit, I thought it was really cool seeing Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson doing a voice in a Disney film. His character is named Maui, a demi-god who is part of several Pacific Island mythologies. A rather appropriate role for someone so larger-than-life. I imagine he does own an actual giant magic fishhook. Why not? He owns the BFGs from the DOOM movie!

Moana tells the tale of the title princess from ancient Oceania, who sets off on a journey to a fabled island, teaming up with Maui in the process.

Speaking of Maui, the trailer starts with Maui talking about how awesome he is, and doing a really cool dance. I hope to God Maui announces he will layeth a smacketh down on somebody. I've heard that Maui's elaborate tattoos are traditionally-animated, and I think that is really cool. I think it's a great nod to Disney's roots in traditional animation, and that bit with the tat still going was funny.

Anyway, we get to see Moana and her pet pig...who are not impressed by this. Moana, come on. You just got to see a demigod with Dwayne Johnson's voice doing a cool dance with a magic giant fishhook. BE IMPRESSED, KID!

We then cut to some of the film proper, with some very nice music. Also, we got see Maui do the People's Eyebrow. That was cool.

The teaser doesn't reveal much about the movie itself, but it did provide some AMAZING visuals. The water moving away from what I am assuming is a baby Moana, the ship going over the wave, and the dolphins. Also, Maui turns into what I think is a giant owl. That's neat. And there's a chicken. The chicken is random. I don't get the chicken.

It was a very nice little teaser, and I can't wait for the full trailer. It was a really nice visual feast ,very bright and colorful. This film sounds like it'll be another big hit. I just wish we had heard something from Moana herself besides just an "Um..." But otherwise, this was a nice teaser. I think Moana is going to be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment