Friday, August 12, 2016

Luke Cage Trailer, My Thoughts

I previously gave my thoughts on the Luke Cage Teaser Trailer, but now a full trailer is here!


I do love that it starts out with a bang, a car racing towards a couple, and then Cage stops it by being a human roadblock. And in Cage's case...that tactic works. Having an invulnerable body helps with that.

We do get some hints of Cage's origin. There's a very clever little easter egg that pays a nod to the metal wristbands and headband of Cage's classic 1970s costume. Very clever there.

The trailer gives us a bit more about Cage's character. He is a man with great power who wants to be left alone. And like the comics, he was subjected to an experiment that gave him steel-hard skin and great strength. An older man, I'm assuming he may be Cage's father, is trying to convince him to use his power to help people, like the heroes "Downtown", as it were.

I really like the music being used in this trailer. For those who want to know, the songs are Isaac Hayes's "Walk on By" and Miike Snow's "Heart is Full".

The trailer next shows us a bit of Luke's home: Harlem. A part of New York that seems to be bright and sunny, but has a darker underbelly, much like your classic detective world. And the head of this seedy underworld, one Cornell "Cottonmouth" Stokes. We also get a hint that Cage may lose the old man thanks to possibly Stokes. And it has a really cool shot of Stokes standing in front of the famous picture of rapper The Notorious B.I.G. wearing the lopsided crown, his head angled to make it look like he's wearing the crown. It's a very clever touch. I really like it.

One of the coolest parts of this trailer is a criminal's fist getting broken trying to punch Cage. And him beating down his friends in defense of a Chinese restaurant.

The rest of the trailer shows a lot of action, and the end has a funny little moment between Cage and the old man. I liked it.

This was a really cool trailer. It was put together very well, and I really enjoyed watching it. I can't wait for September 30th so I can watch this!

No comments:

Post a Comment