Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Wonder Woman Comic-Con Trailer, My Thoughts

Back at Comic-Con, a trailer for the Amazing Amazon's film debut was released to the public.

I have to admit, I have been rather lazy about viewing it, mainly because...DC's films REALLY don't excite me. Thing is, I love DC, too. One of my favorite superhero teams is the Justice League International. And considering how rather meh Man of Steel was, and Batman V Superman being such a disaster, and the mixed reactions to Suicide Squad (To be fair, I do want to give that one a shot), DC's films really haven't gotten me all excited.

However, I decided to view the trailer because, well...maybe Wonder Woman will bring some light and truth to this dark ol' DCEU. Here's the trailer.



The first thing we see is Gal Gadot's Diana finding Chris Pine's Steve Trevor on a beach. I like it, nice nod to the comics there. We also get a glimpse of Themyscira. I have to admit, I was surprised by it. I thought it would look more... Ancient Greek. With the marble columns and the togas and statues of Aphrodite and Athena and the like. I didn't except to see...spirals and Dungeons and Dragons cloaks. Yeah.

I have to admit, Gal Gadot looks great in a blue dress. We also see a glimpse of a woman with this mask...mouth...thing over the lower half of her face. My brain jumps to Doctor Cyber for some reason. I think it may be Dr. Poison, though. Chemical warfare was a thing in WWI, and Poison's mo was the usage of her namesake and skills in chemistry. Makes sense to me.

I did get a good chuckle out of the exchange between Diana and Steve over her lack of a father. That was neat.

The rest of trailer really is composed of a lot of fighting. We see Amazons on horseback with bows and arrows and swords fighting WWI soldiers with guns and somehow not getting shot to pieces, and Wonder Woman herself doing lots of fighting with her lasso, sword and shield.

Her costume looks INCREDIBLE in the trailer. The main thing I love about it is that Gal Gadot looks like she not only stepped right out of a comic book, but the costume has actual COLOR. It's COLORFUL. And the lasso ACTUALLY GLOWS. It's GOLD, and it GLOWS! AWESOME! Not to mention, since everything else in this trailer is either a brown, green, or dark blue, it really stands out. That's good. A superhero costume should catch the eye.

The last bit with Etta Candy was funny, too.

This trailer was really cool. I wonder why I took so long to actually watch it. It's really neat seeing Wondy in live action, and I hope this film means the DCEU is getting better. It has to.

There is one thing that is bothering me about Diana being active in World War One. If she's immortal, and she's been alive for over one-hundred years...where was she when the Kryptonians attacked during Man of Steel? What was she doing then, lying on a beach on Themyscira, drinking mai-tais and catching up on that novel she had been meaning to read for the past twenty years?! Superman would've really appreciated the help, Diana!

Well, also, why WWI? Diana was created in 1941, when World War II was raging. Did they think that a WWII setting would rip off Captain America? Sheesh.

Ah well, I hope this film is good. Gotta wait and see, I guess. I think I might actually be excited about this movie. This sounds fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment