Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Pokemon Sun and Moon Pokemon Reveal Trailer, My Thoughts

Man, they really keeping pumping out these reveals, don't they? I actually forgot about this one. At this rate, I think we'll see all the Alola Pokémon before the game actually comes out. Anyway, let's take a look at this reveal trailer.


The first one revealed is Wimpod. A Water/Bug type, it resembles a trilobite...a trilobite that fell into a paint store. It has an Ability called Wimp Out. Basically, if it's HP goes below a certain point, it will be able to flee with fail, it appears. I can imagine this one being a real pain to catch, the Abra of this Gen. Neat little Pokémon, not much to say about it. Wimpod is an appropriate name for this Pokémon.

Next is Bounsweet, a Grass-type Pokémon that kind of looks like a berry. It's a cute little Pokémon. A lot of the Pokémon designs in this Gen so far seem to be going for that aesthetic. Much like Wimpod, I don't have much to say about this.

Now, we meet Comfey, a Fairy-type Pokemon. Comfey is essentially a lei. Hey, the region is based on Hawaii, why not have a Pokémon that is a lei? I mean, this region has a Pokémon based on hula dancing, why not a lei? One of the Abilities this Pokémon has is called "Trigge", which makes me scratch my head. Was it supposed to be "Trigger", but there was a typo?

The fourth new Pokémon is a Ground-type called Mudsdale. It seems to resemble a mix of a donkey and a Clydesdale drought horse. I think this is a cool idea for a Pokémon. I think it may be a great tank for a Pokémon team that may need one. I also like it's got an Ability called "Stamina". Mudsdale looks like a powerhouse that can go for a long time in battle.

The fifth new Pokémon revealed is a Ghost/Fairy Pokémon called Mimikyu. This one has gotten itself a bit of popularity due to its tragic tale, a lonely Pokémon who dresses like Pikachu in the hopes of making a friend and being loved. I can imagine this Pokémon actually being quite popular with cosplayers in the Alola region. Heck, I can see such trainers making more costumes for Mimikyu to wear. I do like how Mimikyu's costume looks like a badly-done Pikachu outfit, like it did the best it could with the limited means it had.

The final new Pokémon this trailer reveals is a Normal/Fighting-type called Bewear. I have heard it's supposed to based on the red panda and not bears, but it does have that bear quality to it. I do like that it does retain the stuffed animal look from Stufful, its pre-evolution. I can imagine this thing running up to its prey and hugging it to unconsciousness.

These six new Pokémon look rather neat. I can't wait to see what other new creatures will be running around Alola!

No comments:

Post a Comment