Tuesday, August 30, 2016

New Sun and Moon Pokemon Reveal Trailer, My Thoughts

The makers of Sun and Moon are at it again, with a new trailer revealing more new Pokémon that are native to the region of Alola. I think at this rate, we'll learn of all the new Pokémon before the games actually come out! Anyway, here it is.


The first Pokémon we meet is Crabrawler, a crab-like Fighting-type Pokémon. Kind of funny to see a crab-like Pokémon that isn't a Water-type. Although, from what I understand, the Pokémon is modeled after a terrestrial species of crab, the coconut crab. One design touch I really like is that one of its eyes is half-closed, like it has a black eye. This, combined with the boxing glove-like claws, really gives the impression that this Pokémon is a fighter. It's a neat little Pokémon. I can see these guys regularly brawling with Krabby.

The next Pokémon we meet is Sandygast and it's evolution, Palossand. Sandygast is a pile of sand, and Palossand is a sand castle. Hey, this is the same series that gave us a pair of sentient Poké Balls, piles of sludge, and even a garbage bag as Pokémon, so its not surprising they'd make Pokémon from a sand castle. And to be honest, I think Palossand looks kind of neat. I like the idea of a sand castle Pokémon. I imagine kids in Alola must get quite a surprise when they see this sand castle and want to play with it.

I also really enjoy the music playing in the trailer. Is that what we'll hear during battles?

The final Pokémon this trailer reveals is Bewear's pre-evolution, Stufful. This Pokémon is really cute. I really like the little squeak it makes and that it stumbles in its attack animation. This Pokémon is adorable. I also like the little detail with the tag, making it look like it was a stuffed animal brought to life.

It's a short trailer, but it does its job, reveals some new Pokémon and gives a nice little tease of what they can do. I do wish there was some explanation of how their Abilities worked, but I suppose we have to wait until the games come out. I also hope we still get some surprises when the games come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment