Thursday, July 20, 2017

Pacific Rim Uprising Teaser, My Thoughts

Pacific Rim. Guillermo Del Toro's epic film featuring giant robots battling extradimensional monsters, it was praised by critics and has become quite a popular little movie. And in 2018, it's getting a sequel: Pacific Rim: Uprising. And here comes the teaser for it!


The first thing I thought when I saw this teaser was, "Did they get GLaDOS to voice this?". Sounded just like her. I have to admit, I never saw the whole movie. I have seen parts of it on TV, and I enjoyed what I saw. Upon looking up the cast list, I found out that the woman who voiced GLaDOS did voice a Jaeger's computer in the movie. Heh. That's neat.

This teaser seems to imitate a car commercial. It focuses on the looks of the Jaegers, and they look good. The way the narration talks about them does sound like hyperbole describing a car's capabilities mixed with an inspiring speech about humanity using the Jaegers to save themselves from the kaiju that attacked Earth from another world.

We get to see some of the Jaegers' weapons, and they rock! One's got a chainsaw, one's got an arm cannon like they took Mega Man's Mega Buster and pumped it full of steroids, there's one that dual-wields swords and can do martial arts kicks. These Jagers look awesome.

Oh hi, John Boyega! Nice to see you're recovering well from Kylo Ren's whupping of you. Also, I know that the Jaegers in the original movie required two people to operate in sync, but that might not be the case anymore here.

Not a whole lot to say about this teaser except that it looked really cool. I liked the car commercial vibe to it. Certainly makes it stand out from other trailers I've seen of stuff like this. I have enjoyed the first Pacific Rim...well, the parts I saw on TV, and I think I'll give the sequel a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment