Thursday, July 27, 2017

Thor Ragnarok Trailer #2, My Thoughts

Thor's newest MCU adventure has a new trailer to go with it! Let's give it a looksee, shall we?


First of all, I have to say, sorry for the lack of posting on this blog. I had just spent the last couple days on Lake George, and I only got back yesterday.

The trailer begins with Thor recounting how he ended up on Sakaar...okay, he exaggerated some things about his journey, which is punctuated by footage from the last trailer. The trailer also includes some awesome retro new wave tune. I found out it was called "In the Face of Evil" by Magic Sword. Give it a listen. It's an awesome tune. The trailer does use a darker remix of it, and I hope that version gets a release in the future.

I can't imagine this film would not explain how Bruce Banner ended up on Sakaar. After all, he was last seen flying off in Age of Ultron, so some explanation of how he ended up there would be nice. Maybe the Grandmaster spotted him somewhere and had him picked up. It does appear Hulk has spent some time there, and according to what I have heard, Hulk kind of likes it there.

I'm getting the feeling that Cate Blanchett is just having tons of fun in the role of Hela, based on how she delivers her lines. That scene with Hela fighting the Valkyries is AWESOME. Seriously, look at it. It's utterly amazing.

I got a good chuckle out of Thor telling Bruce Banner he easily beat Hulk.

Heh heh, Valkyrie got a little bit of a pro  wrestling-style entrance there.

I can't help but wonder if Banner remembers that Hulk smashed Loki to paste in the first Avengers movie. And that bit with Thor and Loki greeting some mooks before blasting them was great. For Thor, it must have been nostalgic. I imagine as boys, he and Loki went on adventures together.

I loved the brief flash of seeing Skurge dual-wielding the M-16s. And this trailer gives us a better look at Karl Urban as Skurge. He looks like a badass. That is fantastic. I'm betting Taika Waititi must've been reading some Simonson-era Thor when he was working on this movie.

Hulk fighting Fenrir (the giant wolf) looks like that will be epic.

Hela really should not have asked what Thor was the god of again. He will go Raiden on you, as seen in the trailer.

That scene with Thor and Hulk talking was great. It's fantastic to finally see Hulk talk. I'm hoping there will be lots of banter in this movie with them.

OH MY GOD, THAT IS SURTUR. THE FREAKIN' FIRE DEMON, THE KING OF MUSPELHEIM. AND HULK WANTS TO FIGHT HIM. HULK IS INSANE:
Hulk: Hulk smash that.
Me: Hulk, you can't smash that.
Hulk: Hulk gonna smash that. Hulk can smash anything!
Me: YOU CAN'T SMASH THAT!

I am excited for this movie! I can't wait for this movie! Bring on November! Yahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment