Monday, June 28, 2021

Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX Launch Trailer, My Thoughts

Before there was Sonic the Hedgehog, Sega had Alex Kidd as their mascot. Alex Kidd was an alien martial artist that resembled a human teenager. Kidd was created when Sega had lost the license to create a game based on Dragon Ball. He would appear in several games on Sega's Master System and Mega Drive/Genesis consoles. However, he would end up seemingly fading into obscurity when the popularity of Super Mario inspired Sega to create a new mascot to compete with Nintendo's plumber.

However, Kidd would make cameos in various games, and his games would be included in various compilations. Last month, it was announced that Merge Games and Janken Team were working on a remake of his first game: 1986's Alex Kidd in Miracle World. Well, here it is! Let's look at the launch trailer!



I love the graphical style. It feels like a 16-bit game on steroids.

I can respect any video game character that uses scooters and jetskis.


I like the nostalgia mode. Something for the retrogamers that will insist in playing the game in the original Master System style.

I wonder if you can switch back and forth between the new and nostalgic looks like you can in R-Type Dimensions. That game is fun, even though I admittedly suck at it.


I will be taking full advantage of the unlimited lives mode.

Like Boss Rushes? Here you go!

This looks spectacular!


It really does! This looks like a fantastic way to create new fans of a seemingly forgotten game character. I hope this does well. Maybe other Alex Kidd games can get the remake treatment, and maybe we can get some new ones in the future! I know I'll be giving it a shot! 

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it off! Take care of yourselves and each other! Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home, wash your hands often, and get vaccinated! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment