Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Masters of the Universe: Revelation Trailer, My Thoughts

In 1983, Filmation released an animated series called He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. The series told the tale of He-Man, the mightiest warrior in the land of Eternia. He and his heroic allies defend this land from the evil Skeletor and his dark crew. The series was based on a Mattel toyline. The original series lasted for two years, but it became one of the most successful franchises of the 1980s, and is associated heavily with the decade in pop culture.

The franchise would continue telling the adventures of the heroes and villains of Eternia in comics, cartoons, and a live-action film. It has been announced that the original series is getting a follow-up on Netflix called Masters of the Universe: Revelations. This series will tell the tale of the aftermath of the final battle between He-Man and Skeletor...and the aftermath of it. Let's look at the trailer!


You'd think at one point, Skeletor would just give up. I mean, the guy's been trying to get his hands on Castle Greyskull for likely years at this point. Years. But then again, he's a stubborn sort. Gotta give him that.


 Nothing against Mark Hamill, but it is odd hearing Skeletor without that nasal high voice he had in the original. But I do want to hear Hamill say "Listen, I am not nice, I am not kind, and I am not wonderful!"

Heh heh, orchestral 80s.

What better song to use with a follow-up to a cheesy 80s cartoon than Bonnie Tyler's "I Need a Hero?"

Evidently, He-Man went to the Sailor Scouts for an upgrade to his transformation. I liked the little detail of Adam and He-Man looking different. It's something from the 2002 remake. 

Orko's finally mastered his magic.

The show is supposed to depict the final battle between He-Man and Skeletor, and based on this, it looked it will be one heck of a fight.

HE BLOCKED A GIANT FIST!


Well, that was a trailer. I think this basically says everything.


Seriously. That was awesome! That looked so cool! I admit, Masters of the Universe was a bit before my time. Well, the original version, anyway. I loved the 2002 remake. As someone who has never seen the original 80s He-Man, I have to admit, this follow-up looks like it will be a ton of fun. I can't wait to watch this. Netflix has been batting a thousand with their revisiting of 80s properties, IMO. I enjoyed their versions of Voltron and She-Ra, so even this is technically not a reboot, I have faith this will be fun to watch.

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it off! Take care of yourselves and each other! Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home, wash your hands often, wear a mask, and get vaccinated! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment