Friday, June 25, 2021

Shang-Chi Trailer #2, My Thoughts

Back in April, I gave my thoughts on the teaser for Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings. It will be the MCU's 25th movie, and the first Marvel Studios film with an Asian lead. 25 movies. At the rate they're going, the MCU is going to overtake the James Bond franchise with number of films by 2025. Anyway, a new trailer is out, so let's take a look!



Obviously, the Mandarin's ten rings are not like they are in the comics, but I'm wondering if they work the same way they did in the comics? I'm thinking that maybe here, the rings just are focuses for the powers of their comic counterparts. Linking it to the magic of Doctor Strange? 


It's pretty clear here that, much like in the comics, it's a story of Shang-Chi trying to be his own man. he's trying to escape the shadow of his evil father. 

Is Michelle Yeoh playing Shang-Chi's mother? That's awesome.


I think that is something our man is going to realize. He has to accept that he is the Mandarin's son...but that doesn't mean he has to follow his old man's footsteps.

Who wants to go on a helicopter ride?

That'll hurt.


"I brought you into this world, son. Don't make me kick you out of it."

Got some Avatar: The Last Airbender vibes there.

"Hi, I'm a water dragon. Do you wanna be mah friend?" 

YES. THAT WAS AWESOME.

Wait, was that...was that the Abomination?! And he looks more like the comics?! THAT IS SO COOL! YEAH, BABY! Incredible Hulk is a criminally-underrated MCU movie, in my opinion. I've heard he'll be in the She-Hulk show, and maybe that's how he gets his new look. Getting another dose of gamma...

That'll hurt.


For the love of God! Somebody stop the cage fight! That sorcerer has a family!

The first trailer got me hyped. This trailer only got me more hyped! I can't wait to watch this movie! This film feels like something truly unique, and I enjoy a good martial-arts flick, so...yeah. I'm watching this! Hoping for the theaters to open up!

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it off! Take care of yourselves and each other! Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home, wash your hands often, wear a mask, and get vaccinated! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment