Friday, June 18, 2021

Metroid Dread Announcement Trailer, My Thoughts

When Metroid Fusion was published for the Game Boy Advance in 2002, it seemed to be the final 2D game franchise...until now. At the Nintendo Direct for E3 2021, It was announced that a new Metroid game was in the works from Spanish game developer MercurySteam (the same company behind Samus Returns) and Nintendo EPD: Metroid Dread. It's the first 2D Metroid game in nearly 20 years. Let's look at the trailer!


Well, look at you in your fancy new suit, Samus.

It's a shame this isn't actual game footage. This first-person view makes me want to play Metroid Prime again. That was a fun game. 

So, instead of Metroids, Samus is fighting robots. I must admit, I can imagine for her, that's a nice change.


"Go away, you stupid robot! I don't have any microchips for you!"

Ooh, that likely would hurt!


Hey, the melee counters from Samus Returns! Nice to see Sammy's still got that trick!

Huh, looks like Samus may have found a friend in this game.


I am curious about Samus's new suit. Is it one she got especially for fighting the robots?

She can turn invisible! That's awesome!

So, Samus can climb on the blue walls. Does that mean she can't climb walls in Morph Ball form like she could in Samus Returns anymore?

So, the main villain is HAL 9000? "I'm sorry, Samus. I can't do that..."

Well, this looks like it will be a fun game! I loved Samus Returns, and it's really cool we're seeing the team behind that making a new Metroid game. The only new mechanics I saw here were the invisibility and the wall-climbing. The first one is cool, and I like that we're seeing Samus fight something besides Metroids for once. Feels refreshing. I can't wait for this game!

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it off! Take care of yourselves and each other! Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home, wash your hands often, wear a mask, and get vaccinated! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment