Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Star Wars: The Acolyte Trailer, My Thoughts

When it comes to the Jedi, they had been described as many things. Priests. Peacekeepers. Defenders. Intellectuals. In the dying days of the Star Wars universe's High Republic era, a Jedi knight is going to have to take on another role: detective.

Production on The Acolyte, an upcoming Star Wars television miniseries for Disney+, was announced on May 4, 2020 by Lucasfilm. The show was created and will be showrun by Leslye Headland, who had started work on it after finishing work on the TV show Russian Doll. This show would be the earliest-set live-action Star Wars series at this point. 

What is The Acolyte about, you may ask? Well, as I said earlier, it's about a Jedi having to play detective. A Jedi Master having to investigate a series of crimes which unveils dark forces. Let's look at the trailer!


"Your eyes can deceive. But your mind should also be...Korlan, stop dreaming about pizza." Mmm...pizza...


Yeah, if my eyes see a giant monster about to bite my head off, I'm not going to question it.


I'm thinking food. And video games. And a good comic book.

Ooh, force ninja. Makes sense, one of Lucas's inspirations behind Star Wars was samurai movies. 

At some point, the Jedi are just going to have to admit nothing makes sense.

I like the Force ninja. I want to see more of her. 

Well, I like this teaser. It doesn't reveal too much, just enough to whet the appetite. I have been enjoying Andor and The Bad Batch, so I will give this a shot. Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it around! Take care of yourselves and each other! Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home, wash your hands often, wear a mask, and get your vaccine/booster! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment