In 1953, Lesney Products introduced the brand known as "Matchbox". The Matchbox toys got their name because the small toy vehicles they created were meant to fit in a box of matches. In fact, the original boxes they were sold in were similar to matchboxes. Lesney would produce Matchbox toys until 1982, when the company shut down, and their assets would be bought by Universal Toys. Tyco would then obtain Matchbox in 1992, and in 1997, the brand would end up under the umbrella of their current owners: Mattel. Funny enough, Mattel also had their own brand of toy cars that was its biggest competitor: Hot Wheels.
In May 2024, development started on the film adaptation of Matchbox. Produced by Skydance Media, Mattel Studios, and Apple Studios, and distributed by Apple TV, the film will be directed by Sam Hargrave, and star John Cena, Jessica Biel, and Teyonah Harris. Now, how do you make a movie about a line of toy cars? Well, they made a movie about Barbie, why not this? Let's find out by looking at the trailer!
WHEEEEEEEEEEE! I admit, driving over sand dunes sounds like a lot of fun!
Sean Walker? I wonder if that was a tribute to Paul Walker. I mean, Cena did appear in the Fast and Furious franchise...
Yeah, they're just going to have the characters play with Matchbox cars as kids just as an excuse for the movie to be called "Matchbox".
"You would not believe how hard I hit the gym lately."
Oh, no. This will not end well.
There are a lot worse places you could have woken up, pal.
Lady, why else would Sean be tied up on a plane with a dude demanding to know where the nuke is?!
"NOT HELPING, SEAN!"
Those are some nice cars. I mean, I'm not a "car guy" per se, but those are some nice cars.
You're stuck with them, Sean. You might as well let them help.
That guy is never living that down.
Well, I guess that is a way to do a movie about a line of toy cars, I guess. I think this looks like a fun movie if you want to turn off your brain and have some fun for an hour or two. I think this movie will provide some good laughs at the very least. Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it off! Take care of yourselves and each other! If you like what I write and want to give this blog some additional support, please make a donation to my Ko-fi! See you next time!




.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment