Friday, March 11, 2016

New Captain America: Civil War Trailer: My Thoughts

It has finally come. The new Captain America: Civil War trailer has arrived.


I have to admit, I was surprised to see the trailer drop today. I didn't expect it at all. It was a blast to watch from beginning to end. When it comes to the comic book mini-series, I think it was kinda...bleh. I clearly do think the movie will handle it a lot better.

One of the focal points of this film will seem to be the relationship between Cap and Iron Man, which makes sense. Over the last two Avengers film, we've seen that the two can work together and be civil, but they don't always see eye-to-eye. It's appropriate that the "Accords of Sokovia" would cause their tensions to boil over, in addition to Cap's fears of government overreach thanks to the events of Winter Soldier, and Tony's guilt over the creation of Ultron in Age of Ultron.

One thing I am hoping for is that both sides are portrayed as having good and understandable points. Both Cap and Tony have sympathetic reasons and their stands make sense. I hope that is kept in mind.

The trailer is action-packed, but that is the order of the day for these kind of trailers. The action moments we do get are awesome, though. I loved seeing Black Panther go after Bucky on the motorcycle and his suit shrugging off bullets like it was nothing. Gotta love that Vibranium! And Panther seems to be going after Bucky a lot in the trailers.

My guess is Bucky did something in Wakanda during his time being mind-controlled by HYDRA, and the Black Panther wants to bring him to justice. That would tie in with the whole "superheroes need a check" thing, and helps reinforces Cap's decision to stand against the "accords", as the Registration Act is called.

I hope Rhodey isn't dead. I really hope he isn't.

One thing I loved was that we got to see some many heroes doing awesome things. Black Widow laying smackdowns, Bucky trying to shoot Tony in the face, only to be wearing bulletproof glasses, Ant-Man riding on one of Hawkeye's arrows, Scarlet Witch incapacitating the Vision and later ROCKETING INTO THE AIR, and the coolest part?

The two factions of heroes charging at each other in the airport. Yeah, I'm sure some will nitpick that, but hey, Rule of Cool and all.

But let's talk about the moment the Internet went CRAZY:

"...Hey, everyone."
Yup! Spider-Man is making his MCU debut, and I absolutely LOVE how he looks. His costume is fantastic, and I actually do like the expressive eyes. He looks like he was drawn by John Romita Sr., which I really love, because he drew a FANTASTIC Spidey.

I am so hyped for this movie. I can't wait to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment