Sunday, July 24, 2016

Dr. Strange SDCC Trailer, My Thoughts

San Diego Comic-Con has come and gone, and among the many things that it had brought out is a new trailer for the upcoming Doctor Strange. And here it is.


The first thing I thought when I saw this was...it was trippy. I felt like I had dropped acid and not even realized it. But that's good. Doctor Strange HAS to be trippy.

We do get a brief glimpse of what may be Strange's origins, which fit the comics with the car accident, and his travels to find someone to heal his hands, which end up causing him to encounter the Ancient One and take the journey to become the Sorcerer Supreme. It's an origin film, which I do think is good for this character. He's not as well-known as, say, Superman or Batman or even Spider-Man and Iron Man right now, so having his origin show on film will be good. Especially since this film will be our first glance into the MCU's magical world.

Seeing some of the things who we can assume the Ancient One's other students are doing is really cool. Watching the colorful spells and seeing buildings twist and warp, this trailer is a visual feast. I absolutely love it!

We also get a glimpse of Mads Mikkelsen as the main villain, a rogue wizard known as Kaecillus. When he first appeared, I couldn't help but get the notion at first that looks-wise, he's trying to imitate Loki a bit. I got over it, though. He does look kind of cool, I think.

And then, there it was. THE CAPE FLIP. STRANGE FLIPPED THE CAPE ON. That was so cool!

Finally, there was a funny little moment between Strange and Mordo at the end. That made me laugh. I loved it.

This trailer was so much fun to watch. I am so excited for this movie. I cannot wait for magic to come to the MCU! I can't wait for the Marvel Cinematic Universe to get a little...Strange...

No comments:

Post a Comment