Saturday, July 30, 2016

Wild Guns Reloaded Teaser Trailer, My Thoughts

A while back, I gave my thoughts on the announcement that Natsume was remaking one of their cult classic games, Wild Guns, as Wild Guns Reloaded. I love Wild Guns, and I never thought Natsume would ever touch this classic arcade-style gallery shooter.

I just found out there was a trailer for it. And here it is.


I cackled like a madman out of sheer joy watching this trailer. I loved it so much. The game looks incredible! It love that it retains the original 16-bit style of the first game, only a bit more beefed up, if that makes any sense. I do think that was a very smart design choice on the programmers' part. The colorful style really fits the fun tone of the original.

I also loved how they handled the music. It feels like they had real instruments mixed in with the original 16-bit versions, and it meshes so wonderfully. It's easily recognizable, and wonderful to listen to, a real treat for the ears. It would be a crying shame if Natsume did not release this soundtrack as downloadable music for your phone or something to listen to when you're not playing the game, because Wild Guns's soundtrack is amazing.

The trailer also shows two brand new characters that will be helping Clint and Annie fight the Kid gang: Doris, a heavyset human woman who throws grenades, and Bullet, a drone-riding dog. I love these two characters already. They look great, and they fit right in to the wild steampunk world of this game. I also love the idea of a robot-riding dog. Although I can't help but wonder, who is Bullet's owner? I mean, Bullet may be Doris's dog. That would make sense.

The trailer also shows that four-player multiplayer is a feature, and I love this addition. This will be a great party game for if you ever have friends over. I also liked that this new version will have more levels. One of my only complaints about this game was that it didn't have many levels.

This trailer is incredible. It did exactly what a trailer should do, get people excited for an upcoming game. I do want to get a PS4, just for this game. I hope it does very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment