Friday, July 8, 2016

Pokemon Sun/Moon New Pokemon Trailer, My Thoughts

A brand-new trailer is out for Sun and Moon, revealing more of the new Pokémon we shall see in Sun and Moon!


The first one we see is Tapu Koko, described as the Guardian of Melemele Island. Since Alola appears to be an archipelago, aka a group of islands, I can assume every island has a guardian like Tapu Koko. Maybe Tapu Koko is part of a group of Legendary Pokémon like the Legendary Birds in Red and Blue or the Legendary Dogs in Gold and Silver.

Tapu Koko is a...bizarre looking Pokémon. It's an Electric/Fairy mix, and it...I can't describe this thing. It can fold its...wings? Over its body and pose as a bird...fish...lantern...bell...thing. I have no idea where this Pokémon came from or what on Earth inspired this thing. It has an ability called Electric Surge, which makes electricity run all over the battlefield. I'd expect it to automatically give the opponent Paralysis, but I didn't see that in the battle footage. It also has a move called Nature's Madness. Cool effects when the move is performed.

The trailer next shows us a Pokémon's whole evolutionary line, in this case Grubbin. Grubbin evolves into a Pokémon called Charjabug. When I first saw this thing, I thought it kind of looked like a green school bus, but I think they were going for making it more resemble a battery. That would make sense, considering the Pokémon's type. Interesting design.

The fully evolved form of Grubbin is called Vikavolt...and it looks AWESOME. It looks so cool! Seriously, Vikavolt is probably one of the coolest-looking Pokémon I have ever seen! It looks like a robotic stag beetle mixed with a jet plane! That is so cool! Oh man, I definitely want to keep this guy on my team for as long as possible because look at that thing! Any Pokémon trainer's team with a Vikavolt should automatically get extra points for coolness. I love it! Grubbin grows up to be an epic-looking Pokémon! That is neat!

Next, we meet Drampa. Drampa is...silly. It's a silly looking sea serpent Plesiosaur-like Pokémon. I imagine if Sesame Street or the Muppets had a Plesiosaur character, it'd look like this. I have nothing against it. Got an interesting type mix, though: Normal and Dragon.

And next, there's Bruxish. It's a Water/Psychic type fish Pokémon and GOOD LORD, LOOK AT THIS THING. It's...it's definitely a bizarre-looking Pokémon. It's like it leapt into a paint factory ad swam through all the paint vats. That's all I can say about that, really.

And now, we got Cutiefly, a Bug/Fairy Pokémon. Cutiefly is an appropriate name for it, it's a cute little thing. It's a big ball of puff with bee wings. Adorable little thing.

Finally, we meet Togedemaru, an Electric/Steel Pokémon. Interesting type mix, and it's also really cute. I like the little triangles on it. It attacks by rolling. That's cool. I imagine it can hit hard, being a Steel type. I also wonder about this Pokémon's name. Is this the original Japanese name? If that's the case, why didn't it get an English one? Maybe we'll find out in the future.

We get a glimpse of a couple forms of Zygarde, one that looks like an amoeba and one that looks like a dog, and...one that looks like...well, Zygarde.

Alola has some...interesting Pokémon in its islands. I think for this one, Game Freak just told the designers to go completely insane when it comes to Pokémon design. Bruxish proves they did exactly that. To me, Vikavolt clearly has won the "coolest Pokémon" award among this bunch, and I can't wait to use that one.

Sun and Moon is going to be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment