Wednesday, July 6, 2016

New Sun and Moon and Battle Royal Trailer, My Thoughts

Recently, a new trailer for Sun and Moon came out, which revealed a brand new feature, and revealed some of the new Pokémon that we will meet in the Alola region. And here it is!


First of all, I have to say, I am still excited for these new games! Some of these new Pokémon look really neat.

The first one revealed is Pikipek. Pikipek appears to be modeled on the woodpecker. I'm guessing this Pokémon will occupy the role Pokémon like Pidgey and Starly did in previous generations, the first bird-type a new trainer takes on. It's a cute little Pokémon. I like it. I also like the Keen Eye ability. Hope the one I catch has that one.

The next one revealed is called Yungoos. Based on the name, I'm assuming it was modeled after a mongoose with a bit of ferret. It has what looks like a perpetual angry look on its face based to its fur markings and teeth. I imagine this one will be portrayed as a hothead once the anime gets to Alola. I've seen memes and jokes comparing it to Donald Trump, and I don't see the resemblance. It looks too smart, friendly, and kindhearted.

The third new Pokémon revealed is Grubbin. It's a...shelled Bug thing. Maybe it's based on a beetle, I have no idea. I am assuming that this will be the first Bug types new trainers will catch, like Caterpie or Wurmple. Not much to say about it, really.

It also gave us a look at a Steel/Fairy-type Pokémon called Magearna. Not much was revealed about it except it had the ability called Soul-Heart and an attack called Fleur Cannon. You'd think such an attack would be used by Grass Pokémon as Fleur means "flower". Huh. The Soul-Heart ability appears to kick in during double battles, when Magearna's partner faints. Maybe it increases Magearna's stats, I don't know.

The main event of the trailer revealed a new battle mode: Battle Royal! It's really cool! Four trainers can battle each other all at once! You pick three Pokémon from your team and those three go at it with three other trainers. I'm not sure why you can't use a full team of six. Maybe it is a technical limitation or more it will help keep these battles from getting too long and chaotic. Either way, it sounds like a fun feature, hopefully it can be done both locally and over the internet.

My excitement for this game has increased! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment