Friday, April 28, 2017

New Nintendo 2DS XL Reveal Trailer, My Thoughts

Nintendo is at it again! They've released the Nintendo Switch, and now...a new addition to the 3DS portable gaming family. Say hello to the New Nintendo 2DS XL!



First thing is first, what is a New Nintendo 2DS XL? Well, like the original 2DS, it's essentially a New Nintendo 3DS with a slimmer build and lacking the 3D capacity. It's meant to be for those who wanted a New Nintendo 3DS, but were turned off by the price (It was pretty expensive). It's essentially a more affordable model.

As for me, I wanted to get one because I wanted to play Xenoblade Chronicles 3D for it. However, I was turned away by the price. It was REALLY expensive. So, I was forced to wait.

First of all, I love that it folds up, keeps the clamshell design. I own a 2DS, and my only real complaint about it is that it didn't fold up, so I couldn't put it in my pocket and walk around. Keeping the clamshell design was really smart.

The Amiibo functionality didn't really get much out of me. I only have one of them, and I got it because I got a Wii U with Super Mario Maker pre-loaded in it. It's a nice-looking Amiibo though.

I can imagine it would have backwards compatibility with DS games. The original NN3DS has it, so I can't see this version not having that.

I have heard that the original NN3DS had some criticism for the placement of its SD Card slot placement. It would be nice if Nintendo took the opportunity to address those criticisms.

I also have heard some people have said the black-and-blue color scheme makes it look a little ugly. I don't mind it. Besides, probably by the time this thing comes out, there probably will be other color choices.

This thing looks pretty cool. I'll have to save up some money for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment