Thursday, April 13, 2017

RPG Maker Fes Trailer, My Thoughts

Role-playing games. One of the most popular forms of gaming around the world. For decades, gamers everywhere have spent countless hours grinding many different kinds of characters up in level to fight various monsters, aliens, and madmen alike. Some RPG series have become beloved franchises, like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Pokémon, etc.

As long as RPGs have existed, people have also found ways to make their own, fangames and romhacks alike. One program used to create such games was called RPG Maker. Since 1992, the RPG Maker games have allowed users to create their own role-playing adventures, and even create unofficial sequels and sidestories to their favorite games.

The RPG Maker series was mostly in Japan, although some version have come to the United States, whether by official release, or fan translations. And now, Kadokawa Games and NIS America are bringing RPG Maker Fes (Don't ask me what 'Fes' means, I have no clue), to the 3DS! And here's the trailer!


Not much to say about it, I'm afraid, as it's a short trailer. It just basically saying this application allows you to make your own RPG games, and then share them with people, which is really cool.

I do hope you can make a variety of RPGs with different themes and mechanics. I'd love to make a science-fiction-themed RPG with this. I wonder what kind of tools it has more making sprites and the like. I think Ill give this game a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment